15 - You remind me of someone

Yo. It's been a while but I'm very excited bc managed to plan out the next chapters already. Yeah

Also we're getting a little touchy-feely with this one but it's not bad I hope. And we're seeing some real progress on Zara and Keigo's relationship so that's good I guess.

Anyway, have fun;

CHAPTER 15

----

You remind me of someone

________________________

It felt nostalgic.

I kept my leaps short and simple, but just rushing through the woods, leaves brushing against my face, was enough adrenaline.

The trees were smaller here, some branches barely thick enough to hold me; but it was enough. Mizu-no-kuni wasn't known for its forests anyway.

The red of Keigo's wings flashed in the corner of my eye. I grinned wickedly, and turned, speeding after him.

This was part of my nature.

I had been raised a hunter; ruthless warrior. And I enjoyed a good prey.

The poultry was fast. He bolted through the air, like an arrow, but the bright color made him easy to track. Also, he was used to working in an urban environment, so the silence of the forest, was not working to his advantage.

Because even through the wind, that blew the strands of my hair aside, my ears were sharp. I could hear his pants, and his soft feathers' flap.

Now. I knew that he knew that I could find him anywhere. And I knew that he was counting on his own speed and agility to out-run me.

Time to show him real speed. And stamina.

The first round of kunai cut his jacket, and the tips of his wings-I wasn't aiming straight for his back, more like pushing him in one direction.

Keigo dropped to the right, diving underneath a low branch before bolting upwards again. Hawks wasn't an amateur after all. He was mostly staying high above the ground, twirling through treetops, where the branches couldn't hold my weight.

Keigo answered my attack just moments later, a few of his red feathers darting towards me, not at all unsimilar to throwing knifes. Just as sharp anyway.

I leapt out, my feet sticking to a nearby tree for a split second, before bolting after him again.

This was familiar. The forest, the adrenaline, the speed and force.
This was my heart beating faster, this was being alive.

(̶M̶i̶n̶u̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶,̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶t̶h̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶)̶

So, what if I dragged out our game way, way longer than I should have? So, what.

| ---,'--,'--- |

In the evening I found Keigo perching on the couch, one earbud in, intently staring at the screen of his laptop.

I shuffled over to the fridge and grabbed a cup of yoghurt, before leaning against the counter. Usually, I really minded my own business, but my job was really going slow these days, and I was getting restless.