14 - You couldn't handle it. (Also I'm very sorry)

CHAPTER 14
----

You couldn't handle it.

________________________

Hawks crashed through the window in a more or less elegant swirl of red feathers, coming to a skidding halt in the hallway.

"Sorry, Sodo, 'm late, heard there was some trouble today?" He entered the living room, patting of the dusk off his jacket and eyed my legs that dangled from the sofa's arm rest.

I hummed without looking up.
"No big deal" I could literally feel his offended face.

Keigo looked at me from above, crossing arms, probably trying to be intimidating.

"You-" I scoffed and got up, brushing past the pouting chicken.

"I said no big deal"

"Did you fuck up?" Keigo was leaning against the wall and I stopped in the doorframe. My eye twitched with unhidden anger.

"No," I didn't 'fuck up'. That was something that just did not happen.

"I...actually had a pretty good fight" Turning, I shrugged. "Your blond super-asshole ruined it"

I slipped into the hallway, my room was only four doors down. I was at the door when Keigo called out from behind.

"You wanna train later?" I didn't stop, just frowned before scoffing at him and stepped into the room.

"You couldn't handle it."

| ---,'--,'--- |

The next morning started early. In the middle of the fucking night actually. I had never slept a lot and with another anniversary coming up, my nights got shorter every week.

I dragged myself to the gym on the top floor - in case I caused some hard damage the building probably shouldn't collapse on top of me, huh.

I stood at the hall's entrance and glanced into the grey darkness. Kubikiri was a reassuring weight on my back, as I entered the gym. A clock in the corner showed 03:12

The movements started flowing naturally. I slid into the first form of a well known Kata and closed my eyes as I quickened my feet.  Step by step I worked myself through several Katas, muscles shifting smoothly from form to form before slowing down again. 

The practice calmed me, at least partly but there was still that anger boiling in my chest that didn't seem to disappear. 

With a long exhale I pulled Kubikiri from my back. 

And the world vanished in a blur. 

Stroke for stroke I moved through the air, the long blade cutting through walls and floor alike.

Another step another forceful blow, I imagined  the enemy-nin falling around me like flies. Another step. I twirled around and embedded the sword deeply into the wall. 

My heart pounded heavily against the ribcage, I was panting.   

I slid down the wall and took one, two, three deep breaths. The clock in the corner showed 06:08. 

With a sigh I pushed myself up and fell into a quick routine of exercises and stretches. 

| ---,'--,'--- | 

Keigo was up already when I shuffled into the kitchen. He was slumping over a cup of coffee, feet  dangling from the bar stool he was sitting on. 

The birdman glanced at me half-heartedly before dropping his forehead back onto the wooden counter. 

"Poultry", I greeted coolly and snatched a cup of yogurt from the fridge. 

"Wait." I stopped at his exclaim and turned my head. Keigo had straightened in his seat. "Are you free today?"

I shrugged. "Yeah" 

The promising grin that formed on the man's face made my eye twitch. 

"In for a race?"

| ---,'--,'--- |

"This is fucking disgusting" I sneered. Nose scrunched in a snarl, I wasn't above showing my obvious hatred.

I loathed trains. Overall every type of public transport was a horrific experience. 

Loud and smelly and incredibly unsafe.

As a well-trained shinobi it took hell of a lot out of me not to slice open every person's throat that bumped into me. 

Back at home nobody ever bumped into me. Maybe in the darkness of the night at the entrance of a bar, but that guy was  sure to lose at least one limp right then and there.

Back at home I also wore Kubikiri on my back at any time though. 

"You're the one refusing to take a taxi" Keigo sulked. I rolled my eyes, at the edge of throwing up just thinking about 'cars'. 

 "We could have gone by foot" 

"Walk to the next forest? Sodo, that's miles" Oh no, so far away! 

"Huh, ever heard of running?"

"You're not allowed to use your quirk in public" Holy Kami, fucking quirks, fucking rules. My eyes started to hurt from all the rolling. 

"Tch." 

The train ride took another half goddamn hour. At least the crowds thinned out as we came closer to the outskirts. 

"Alright, get ready Sodo, the next one's our stop" 

| ---,'--,'--- |

"You're a forest person? For real?" 

"Not really", I stepped over a root that stretched across the trail, "are you?" 

"Pfft, yeah sure you aren't. And; sometimes I am." I narrowed my eyes at him, but stayed quiet.

Forests were definitely not my favourite, but I just really disliked the city so a change was damn well appreciated. 

Spotting a down reaching branch a few feet ahead I quickened my steps. Then with a minuscule push of chakra I launched myself into the trees, feet firmly planting onto the wood. 

Glancing back at the birdman that had pushed off the ground already, wings holding him in the air, I let the grin spread across my face and pulled two shuriken from my pocket. 

"You've got ten seconds."

| ---,'--,'--- |

A/N: Okay. This wasn't my best chapter. 

Guys I'm actually ashamed to show up here again. 

Writing books is a shit ton of work. But this is can't be called a book I guess. It's just a mess right now. 

I suppose y'all have to thank @S_LovesReading on your knees for making me look at this story and think 'shit I fucked up' 

The problem I'm having is, that this literally doesn't take long to write. It's just- 

Yeah I have no idea what it is. I hope you forgive me for being lazy ig

That's it. 

Bye (Have a great day or night whatever)

~Fee

P.s.: It's 00:00 right now, coffee time.