Chapter 7 ♪ No Preassure

"Elysia..Elysia?"

His eyes scanned over the bedroom in search of her, yet she was nowhere to be found. Upon walking further inside, he spotted in the distance, the balcony door wide open as the curtains blowing in the wind. Walking out, he was greeted by the gentle breeze.

"It's rude to walk in someone's room without knocking~"

Being caught off-guard by her cheerful tone, looking ahead and saw the girl's back leaning against the railing, her arms wide open gently holding on to them as the wind sneaked by.

"I called your name several times and you didn't respond.." he simply states, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Ara~ It's very sweet of you to check on me, but do remember next time, you don't want to walk in on a girl changing you know.." she giggled at his red-tinted cheeks.

He scoffed, "I'll keep that in mind.."

She smiled before turning around to face the outside, her cheeks resting on her palms. She noticed that he was now standing beside her, also looking out upon the stars. They were coated in silence for a while.

"Eden and i.. used to watch the stars together almost every night.." she spoke up, her voice sounding more softer, he looked at her curiously. "She told me, 'Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pour through and shine down on us to let us know they are.. happy'.."

The man glances at her before looking back up to the shimmering sky, "Was she also a guardian?"

"No.." she chuckled and shook her head, "I believe she was a dear friend of mine before I became one.."

"Do you still have memories of them?"

She remained silent for a while, "They say it's better to have loved and lost, then never to have been loved at all.. that is still i'm trying to figure out even after decades have passed.. I'm still not sure of the answer.."

"Hm, have you ever longed for it.. love, hope and family?" he stared at her intently.

"I never have thought so.. nor have i ever felt it.." she sighed with a breathless laugh as silence took over them once again. "So, have you gotten the information you needed?"

Upon seeing that she had changed the topic, he assumed that she didn't feel like continuing, "I have, the last piece of information I need is coming early in the morning. I have told the traveller and Jean to head here tomorrow."

"Alright then, I look forward to hearing about what you've collected over the past few days." she placed her arms behind her back and leaned towards him with a sweet smile.

"Rest well, Elysia." he chuckled lightly.

"You too! Don't get too caught up on what you're doing, your body gets tired too, you know?" He looked like he was about to come up with a remark saying that he's used to it, but she cut him off with a quick kiss on the cheeks which caught him off-guard more than before.

"Goodnight, Master Diluc!" she giggled before brushing past him, purposely hitting his shoulders with hers. He stood there before reaching up to touch his cheek where her lips met,

"You're still in my room, you know! Unless you wish to keep me company?" her voice yelled out, pulling him out of his trance.

"I'm leaving." he grumbled, his face nearly matching the hue of his hair.

"Ara~ I meant talking.. or do you have something else in mind, i'm easily persuaded!"

She couldn't help but laugh when she caught a glimpse of his face which was burning up, but he quickly walked out and shut the door behind him, though her booming yet charming laugh can still be heard echoing in his ears for the rest of the night.