Chapter 5 ♪ Operation Retrieve

"What an eventful day.." he heard his companion groan.

The pair had got caught in quite a mess, for the lack of a better word. Sneaking into a cathedral to steal something for a bard who says can help save Mondstadt's dragon issue, ended up getting caught and someone else manages to steal the object they need, and now are fugitive on the run.

Though they were partly relieved when meeting someone called Master Diluc is willing to help them and call some backup as well. And now, they are on their ways to Angel's Share to discuss a plan.

"I wonder where Elysia's been? I haven't seen her all day.." he sighed in confusion.

"Maybe she's gotten tied up on her strange duties again? But she did say she went to meet up with someone.. Who could that be?" the fairy wonders. "Paimon can't think of anyone."

"If she was here, we probably wouldn't have gotten into this mess.." he scratched the back of his head dumbfoundedly.

"Heh, you're probably right." Paimon nods in agreement.

Aether shrugged, "Well, anyways, Diluc said-"

"Traveller?"

Their heads jolted up and found themselves looking at the Acting Grand Master herself.

"Jean?! Wha-what are you doing here?" Paimon questioned, her voice slightly louder than usual.

"I could say the same to you.." she chuckled but then she froze. "Wait, are you here to meet with-"

"Master Diluc?" They spoke in unison.

"Huh.. so you were the one who got involved with the Holy Lyre.." she concluded. "Wow, I never would have guessed."

"So you're the backup Master Diluc was talking about?" Aether asked as he walked over to her.

"I'm not sure if he has someone else in mind, but yes, he did contact me about it." Jean commented, still unsure.

"Well, let's head in." Paimon spoke up.

Pushing the door open, they were introduced to an unexpected sight. The pink-haired elf sat, crossed-leg, on one of the stools, a small chuckle leaving her lips as she held up a glass of wine while Diluc was behind the counter, wiping down some glasses, seemingly with a small smile on his face.

The girl glances back at the door, placing down her glass and gave the traveller a small wave.

"Traveller! You've finally arrived."

"Elysia?"

"Ah, so everyone's here, good

"Ah, so everyone's here, good." Diluc states as he places the cup down and walks on the other side of the counter next to the blue-eyed elf.

"The bard is still up stairs, I believe he's touching up his lyre strings." she pointed to the stairs with her glass as she took a small sip from it.