Chapter 6 ♪ Blood, Sweat and Tears

Opening the door to the tavern, Venti was already standing there waiting for them.

"Welcome back!" he hollered at the group, then grinned in surprise as Elysia handed him the instrument. "Ah, this is the Holy Lyre! You managed to retrieve it!"

"Of course!" the pink-haired elf beamed with a smile.

The bard began to draw his fingers on its surface, "The pattern of flowing wind carved on the rosewood.. and the strings still feel cool to the touch too. Oh, the memories.." he beamed in excitement.

"What do you think, Venti? Can you summon Dvalin?" Jean then questioned him in a curious tone.

"Although this lyre is the real thing, I doubt that it's going to work." he let out a gloomy sigh. "As you can see, the lyre has been through a thousand years of history. Its Anemo power has run dry." he explained briefly. "In this condition, you couldn't play music fit for even Diluc's tavern with it.."

"Bards fight to get on the stage of my tavern. Don't make assumptions!" he sent a subtle glare towards the male Anemo user.

"Is that really important right now, Master Diluc?!" Paimon exclaimed in annoyance. "And you - did you just borrow the Holy Lyre to play music for drunkards to hear? We risked our lives to retrieve it. Literally!"

"Hehe."

"What do you mean 'hehe'?!"

"Anyway, we won't be able to call Dvalin with it." he continues, ignoring the fairies deathly glare. "The lyre itself is fine, but the strings.."

"Well, there's got to be some way to fix it.. or whatever you do with this thing.." Elysia places a hand on both her hips.

"That's where you're up, outlander!" the bard suddenly turns towards Aether who looks back at him in shock.

"I don't know how to fix instruments, Venti.." he shook his head nervously.

"Relax, it's not broken." he assured the blonde male. "It's just that the intensity of its Anemo power has greatly diminished. Now, do you still have Dvalin's Teardrop Crystal with you?" he then asked, the traveller responding with a curt nod.

"Teardrop crystal..?" the pink-haired elf tilted her head in slight confusion.

"Great! Try to use it on the Holy Lyre." he asserted while holding up the lyre towards him.

"Let me give it a try, I guess.." Aether replied, feeling a bit hesitant.

He pulled out the glowing crystal, which gave up a blue hue and held it close to the lyre as it slowly absorbs its power, the crystal disintegrating from his hand.

"It worked, as expected. "Venti remarked with a smile.

"This Youthful glow.." Jean chimed in.

"Praising yourself? Really?" Paimon gave her a pointed stare before a stray crystalite poked her on the head.

"Ara~ There's no issue with people acknowledging their inner beauty!" she pouted her lips playfully and sent a quick wink towards the Acting Grand Master.

".. I was talking about the Lyre." Jean quickly replied, sounding flustered.

"Thanks to the traveller having purified the crystal, the Holy Hyre won't continue to lose power." The bard said gratefully. "That said, its power is far from replenished. It'd be great if we could get more tears."

"How can we gather more?" Paimon asked.

Venti went on to explain that Dvalin is most likely already crying due to the rate of its suffering, thus finding its tears won't be as much of a problem.