Prologue ♪

Black, it was the only thing he saw, for how long? It was hard to tell. The only thing he can hear currently, is the sound of waves crashing along the shore, where was he? But finally after a while, he somehow gained the strength to peer open his vision, though the dark spots around his eyes were still visible, through it he saw someone unexpected.

"Wakey-wakey~"

He groans slightly while trying to make an effort to pry his eyes open. A pink-haired girl loomed over him with a soft smile, he felt the blood rushing to his cheek when noticing their close proximity.

She giggles then said, "There's no need to be shy, you were unconscious for quite a while.." she then backs up to sit on her knees, "I almost considered giving you a mouth-to-mouth resuscitation."

It all then dawned on him, as a single thought came into mind. His body jolted up as he looked at her, wide-eyed. "Lumine! My sister, she-"

The girl quickly puts a finger over his lips, "Careful now, you just woken up from a very deep sleep, who knows how long since your body had moved."

The boy's shoulder dropped, knowing that she was right. "S-sorry, i'm just s-slightly confused and all.."

"That's normal." she nods then tries to initiate a normal conversation with him, in order to calm him down. "Let's begin with an introduction, I'm Elysia!"

The girl graciously offers him a hand to shake and he reluctantly responds with "Aether." while giving her a light but firm handshake.

"Alright, Aether, I know you have a lot of questions, so feel free to ask me, and I'll try my best to answer." she explains.

The boy agreed and started off by asking, "Who exactly are you?"

She chuckled, "That's everyone's first impression of me, it's a long story but to put it in terms that you understand, there are many different worlds and universes out there, and some have tried to travel in between them, and some had run into some casualties when doing so. Thus, my job is to guide them back to where they belong, which is where you come in."

He looked at her, feeling slightly shocked. "I know it's a lot to take in but-"

"So you're not from this world?" he cut in.

"Nope, I'm here because I sensed a presence that is out of place in this world. So I came here to investigate and saw you falling out of the sky." she asserted as his face morphed into ones of concern. "I knew i couldn't possibly reach you in time so i used my powers to form a crystalite platform and negate your fall. Not the most efficient but pretty good for a girl like me."

The boy began to process what he just heard then thought back to the last memory he had with his sister, "My sister, Lumine and I were travelling across the world, but then an unknown god stood in the way, she attacked us with powers we've never experienced before. Lumine.. Lumine was caught by her strange cube and I saw her disappear. I tried to use my powers to subdue her, but I failed. "

She stared at the boy with pity in her eyes, "And that's the last thing you remember?" upon seeing the boy nods she sighs, "Well, i'm sorry, Aether but you were the only person that i've sensed thus far, i'm not the only one guarding the borders, but from what i've heard, we all manage to bring the traveller home, yet the girl meeting your description.. we have no clue of her."

Aether depressingly casts his eyes downwards, but after a moment's reflection, "Then I'm going to look for her!" he abruptly stood up.

"Although I appreciate your strong will, Aether. There's a chance that your sister might not even be here at all, and I have to bring you back where you came from, it's my duty!" she said in a soft tone as she walked up to him.

"I've got to try." he spoke with determination in his eyes. "Thank you for saving me but i think i choose to stay in this world in search of my sister."

Elysia places her hand on her hips, looking very hesitant on leaving him stranded in an unknown world. "And what will you do when you find her?" she light-heartedly asked. "You won't be able to go home with her.. you'll be stuck here."

The blonde places his hand on his chest and states, "There's no home without her, I may have very few memories of my past or powers, but she's my sister."

The girl let out a soft giggle and smiled at him, "Hm. Looks like I can't stop you." she shrugs then turns around and walks closer to the water and looks upon the horizon as the gentle breeze lifts her hair. "The world you're currently standing on is called Teyvat, a world with seven distinct nations and seven different gods occupying each nation. Each god represents an element, and each of those seven elements can be bestowed upon mortals as a sign of power and will; they're called visions." she glances back at the boy who watched her carefully, "The truth you seek may be buried under years of secrets and yet you are the key to unlock them. It's not going to be easy, and although I'm unable to offer you much help in the meantime, I wish you the best of luck, Aether!"

"Thank you, Elysia."

"But do please spend the first few days here resting!"

The girl sent him a beaming smile before she dispersed into pink rose petals that got blown away by the wind.

"Ouh, why am I still in this world?"

The pink elf wandered after attempting to teleport back to the border five consecutive times, and each time she thought it worked, she found herself at yet another location within Teyvat, more specifically, Mondstadt. She decided to stop trying after starting to feel light-headed due to overusing her powers.

She settled down near a forest, defeating a bunch of creatures which she assumed were hilichurls and making use of their camp to hide out from the people of Mondstadt.

"Why can't I head back?" she pondered as she looked up upon the sky. "Did I do something wrong?"

Then it all hit her at once, Aether.

She realised by dropping off the traveller in a random world, instead of the land of their birth. She was stranded with him.

Elysia sighed, plopping down on a tree stump with her hands on her cheek. She then thought back to the traveller, she saw how intent and certain he is with finding his sister.

"Well.. i guess i have to look for him.. by foot" she stood up, brushing some dirt off her coat.