Alphas and Angels - Chapter 1

"You can't do this to me!" I cry, grabbing onto Gabriel's robe with every ounce of strength I have. He sighs again, yanking me off of him and smoothing out the wrinkled silk.

"I am sorry, but I have my orders," he says. He is completely impassive about the entire situation. He's about to destroy my life and he doesn't care. Expected, but it's still completely rude.

"B-but, please! It's not my fault, you can't kick me out!"

Let me clue you in on something. Heaven is not a free land. It's a dictatorship. No offense to the big man, but he's kind of bossy sometimes. And as of right now, unfair.

"Errapel," Gabriel starts, referring to my father.

"Emmy, do not argue with him," my dad says. I pause to glare at the man. He's the reason I'm being kicked out of Heaven. Yes, I repeat, kicked out of Heaven. Why you might ask? Well, my dear father just so happens to be an angel. My mother is someone who died a good seventeen years ago. So, technically she's human, in spiritual form.

Anyways, it's against just about every rule for an angel to be romantically involved in any way with a human—or anyone, really. Dad was my mother's guide when she first died. Long story short, Dad broke the rules and fell in love, and broke them even further when he—in simple terms—committed a sin.

No one thought angels could get spirits pregnant. Apparently, it's possible, because I'm here right now. Since no one thought it was possible, they didn't pay much attention when I came along. They just assumed I was a baby who died at birth. And unlike the usual nine months a woman has to carry her child, my mother only had to carry me for half of that.

In Heaven, babies continue to age until they're about twelve. You can imagine the suspicion that surrounded me when I kept aging. You would think God would have noticed something was up. However, God's a busy man, and his angels are the ones who keep order in Heaven when they're not on earth doing God's bidding. They didn't pay much attention to me.

Mom and Dad always kept me under the radar, which was easier considering I stayed within my mom's own personal slice of heaven. If I could have made it to my full maturity, I could be living peacefully. But no. Someone found me out, and now I'm standing at Heaven's gates with my father, about to be kicked out.

Since my dad is the offender, and I'm the product, we're the ones getting the boot. Not my mom. Gabriel said they couldn't kick her out because she already died. Therefore, she's going to be reincarnated. But for us? We're damned to walk the earth for the rest of our immortal lives.

I've watched Earth from above for all of my life. And I hate it. I can tell it is just simply the worst. There is so much wrong with everything that goes on down there, and compared to Heaven, Earth is what I picture Hell as. With less fire and more free will.

"I'm not arguing, I'm pleading my case," I say, and then point at my dad. "At the very least, we should be given a fair trial. I'll testify however I have to in order to stay."

Gabriel shakes his head, and at this point, his annoyance with me is more prominent. "Sorry, you both have to go."

Boy, I would love to shove that halo up his angelic backside.

A little bit hateful for Heaven, I know. However, I'm only half angel; I'm allowed to be, especially considering the circumstances.

Before I have more time to object to this unfair treatment, plead my case some more, maybe bargain, Gabriel pushes a button on the pearly gates, and the white marble floor beneath my feet opens up. I feel the wind rushing around me, and a blur of white is all I can see for a total of fifteen seconds.