Chapter 6: High Ground

After I finish climbing a building and call out to Moya.

“Hey Moya, I'm in position,”

“There should be a cell tower fairly close to you. Recharge it and it should prevent you from going off the grid again,”

I see it in the distance about 2 blocks over. 

Once I set foot on the building my vision gets blurry and I feel weak.

“Jesus…Not gonna get used to this..”

I charge up the tower like Moya says.

“Good, now you need to restore the electricity to this section of the Neon. Your GPS will show you where to go, but be careful — there are a lot of reapers operating in the area,”

“Uh, those guys will slaughter me. I can barely see, and charging up that tower drained me dry,”

“Stick to the high ground and avoid them. If you have to fight, look around for emergency generators — there are probably some scattered across the rooftops. Call me when you're in the sewer,”

I managed to avoid the reapers and get to the sewers without much issue. 

“Okay, I'm in,”

“Same drill as before — re-establish the circuit on the underground transformer and then look for the distribution substation”

Nothing interesting happened between me dropping into the sewer and re-establishing the circuit, the new power was good though. I’m able to throw electrical grenades now.

After establishing the circuit, my receiver goes off.

“Hey man, everyone around here keep carrying on about you delivering that bomb. Even George is runnin' his mouth about it,”

“George? He's the one who called me, said he's got a package burning all over his desk and that I needed to beeline it. So I pick it up and take off,”

“Well, he claims that no one else could deliver it, that it had to be you,”

“That was a terrible job in the first place, pay sucked. And when I get there, George calls and tells me to open the package. Next thing I know, I'm waking up in a crater,”

“Well, at least you got superpowers out of it. And don't worry about George and those other idiots. I'll cover for ya, man. They're frickin' gossip queens anyway,”

“Thanks, man. You’ve always been there for me,”

“Always will, brother,”

This sewer wasn’t long, shortly after talking with Zeke I reached the substation and powered it on.

Once I surface, Moya starts talking.

“Nice work, Cole. So, I figured out why the reapers were destroying the water pipes under the bridge: By isolating the city's water system, they can pump their plague into every home in the city. Anyone drinking that sludge will get sick. Or worse,”

“Great..”

“Yeah. And it gets better. I'm getting reports that Smith Fountain is already polluted, and there are a lot of cases. Head over there and confirm my intel, then we'll figure out what we're going to do,”

Moya stops talking and I start to make my way to Smith fountain.