Chapter 13

"Y/n how has your training going?" Dad asked me as I sit in his lab," Wanda told me it's been going well."

I nod swinging my feet back and forth," I've gotten much better at controlling everything and making things at bigger sizes than before."

"That's great," He smiles at me and I smile back," Maybe you should go out with Reindeer Games as a celebration."

I snort," Dad are you telling me to ask Loki out on a date?"

He shrugs turning back to my suit design," Not necessarily but if that's how you took it then go for it. Now come help me with the basic design of how you want your suit to look."

I shake my head hopping off the table moving to the spot next to Dad. I can't help but frown at the basic feminine shape," Could you make it more gender neutral?"

He looks at me with a confused look and I think I might have to come out to him for this," You don't want a suit like Nat's or Wanda's? I mean of course I can but it would look better."

I just shrug moving around the hologram to make it more like I want it too," Sometimes I don't feel like a girl so I'd rather have a gender neutral suit than feel dysphoric when I don't feel like a girl."

He's quiet for a moment and I ignore the pit that forms in my stomach as the silence gathers. I move the last bit of my new suit into it's place before turning around. Tony has a small confused look on his face," Wait explain that again."

I nod," I'm genderfluid, Dad, that means my gender changes from time to time so I don't always go by she her."

He nods slowly," So how am I supposed to know which ones you use? I'd like to know when I have a son or a daughter."

I smile," Usually you can tell by the way I'm dressing. When I feel like a boy I dress more masculine, when I feel like a girl I dress more feminine. I'll make it easier on you by wearing pronoun bracelets."

He nods smiling finally," Thank you for telling me. Does anyone else know?"

I nod," Loki does. I'm sure Wanda does too."

He nods," Are you ready to tell everyone else?"

I nod," I'm just going to tell them through the bracelets. Now I'm taking your advice and asking Loki out on a date."

"Alright, well come here," He holds out his arms and I hesitate before letting him pull me into a hug. It is pleasant and I smile as I hold him tighter," I'm proud of you and I'm sorry I didn't voice it before."

"Thank you, Dad," I lean away from him," Now I'm going to go on a date with my boyfriend."

He nods," Wait do I have a son or a daughter today?"

I shake my head laughing a little," You have a daughter," He nods and I leave the lab. I walk down the hallways before saying," J.A.R.V.I.S where is Loki?"

"He is in the library Ms. Stark," Her voice sounded.

I smile to myself as I head down to my library. It's at least a short walk so I can't overthink this and back out. I push open the door and smile when I see him laying on the couch with one of the classics from in here.

"Hello, Love," He greets me with a small glance from a book," you look like you have a plan for something. What is it?"

I smile," I was hoping we could go out just the two of us, do something fun," I move next to him and he closes his book looking at me with a small smile.

"That sounds nice," He tells me and it makes me smile," when would you like to do this?"

"Now," I tell him and he nods," like a date."

"Like a date or a date?" He asks with a smirk playing on his face.

My face warms a little," it is a date. Let's just change."

"Easy enough," A flash of green light and he's in a green knit sweater and pants. My eyes trailed over his body.

I cleared my throat looking back at his face," Well you'll have to give me more than that."

"Of course, Love," I walk out of the library as he chuckles at me," I'll meet you in the front."

It only takes me a few moments before I'm in the front with Loki. He grabs my hand as we walk down the street. We decided that we're going to the bookstore to pick out books to swap and annotate for each other, and then go to dinner. The bookstore was the one I was most excited for.

"Oh I told Dad that I'm genderfluid," I tell Loki with a smile," He was fully accepting."

"That's great," Loki smiles at me," Are you finally going to get that binder then?"

I nod with a large smile on my face," I'm definitely getting one now."

________________________________________________________________________________

Loki leads me gently back to my room. Our date was amazing but now I'm even more tired. I flop onto my bed and I can feel Loki behind me taking off my shoes. He lays down next to me and pulls me on top of him. I snuggle into his chest and relax into his arms.

"Did you have fun, Loki?" I ask him

His hands move slowly up and down my back," I did. We should do that more often."

I lay my hand flat on his chest and rest my chin on them to look at him," You really want to?"

He nods his right hand playing with my hair," Yes, I don't see why not."

A crash sound outside my door. It's followed by my dad cursing and Steve asking what happened. I roll off of Loki and move to the door," We should get our own place."

I giggle as I leave the room to help my dad.