One step forward

The group carried on with dance practice, gym and vocal practice,before they knew it two weeks had passed.
Jimin had enjoyed escaping to his home at the weekend, it was his sanctuary, the place nobody could bother him.
Jungkook hadn't made more advances on Jimin but did keep him company at the gym and when he found Jimin wanted to run in the mornings he was there too, otherwise everything was......normal.
Jimin felt his fitness returning which made him happy which made him smile more.
"There it is!" Hobi said as Jimin came to breakfast after a run and shower a big smile on his face.
Jimin turned around expecting to see something then turned back with a confused look at Hobi.
"Your smile, I've missed our Moochi's smile!"
The others smiled too when Jimin shyly smiled again.
"I'm happy, I haven't felt this happy for a while."
"And we are happy that your happy,"
Jimin let out a cute giggle, jungkook stared at him wanting to pinch his cute cheeks.
"So,I Erm wondered if any of you, only if you want to, Erm would like to come to a barbecue at my place tomorrow." Jimin said in a rush.
The others stared shocked.
Jimin took their silence negatively," it's ok your probably busy doing your own thing , silly of me to ask."
"Are you kidding, of course we will come we were just shocked you've never invited us over before!" RM said the others nodding.
"I haven't? Gosh now I feel rude I've been to all your places."
"Write the address down, what shall we bring?"
"Just yourselves I'll shop tonight in the way home, I'll text the address now."
Jimin had decided that he should be more sociable, his reclusive days were over.
As the day wore on Jimin got more nervous, what if they didn't like his place, it wasn't big and flashy it was.....a home.
It was time for each to go home, telling Jimin they would see him tomorrow they left. Jimin was about to go too when he saw Jungkook lying on his bed.
"Not ready to go yet?"
"I thought I'd stay here, I don't need to go to my place and here is nearer to yours."
Jimin bit his lip, he didn't like the idea of Jungkook staying on his own in the big empty dorm.
"D-do you want to come to mine? I have a spare room?"
Jungkook sat up," really? Wow great, I can help you with the shopping tonight, hang on I'll sling some stuff in a bag!"
In less than five minutes he was ready and following Jimin to his car.
Jimin hummed to the radio as he drove , Jungkook had his eyes closed dozing. Half an hour later zjimin stopped at a large food store. Jungkook was still asleep so Jimin got out quietly got a trolley and went into the store. Twenty minutes later he was staggering out trying to carry three bags and a box of beers.
Jungkook who had woken up just that minute rushed out to help easily picked the bags up leaving Jimin to carry the beers.
"You should have woken me!"
"It's ok, I think it's all there...., Damn forgot soju, or should I get more beers?"
"Wait here I'll go get some."
Ten minutes passed and Jungkook came out carrying a pack of beers and some soju plus a bag.
"What's in there?"
"Snacks maybe we could have a movie night?"
"Sure let's get going"
Ten minutes later and Jimin picked a remote up, a large gate slid open. Jungkook had been very quiet
"Wow Jimin your not going to believe this but when this was for sale I put in an offer!I was told I just missed out!"
"What really?!?"
"Yer, I loved its size and  quaintness although it did need decorating,"
"We'll help me get this food in then I'll show you around."
Once the food was put away Jimin showed him around.
"It's beautiful Jimin, really beautiful, I like how you have renovated everything and the colours are so calming."
"This is the spare room that you can use, mines down there, make yourself at home, I just need to check on a few bits."
Jungkook nodded going in and hanging his clothes up.he lay on the bed ," Ah nice,"
Jimin meanwhile had gone to his room watered some plants there then gone to the kitchen to look at a pizza menu before ordering it. He went into the garden checking the barbecue then watered his garden and hosed down the wooden table and chairs so they would be clean for the next day.
Jungkook came out as he put the hose away.
"You should have called me I would have helped."
"Oh but your a guest."
Jungkook walked to Jimin slipping a hand on his waist," I'm a friend, friends help."
Jimin felt a tingle go through him at the others touch.
Get over it Jimin he thought he's just being friendly.
Jungkook watched different emotions pass over Jimins face then he bent towards those pouty lips kissing them.
"You know your quite adorable," he said nibbling on the others lips as he pulled him closer .
Jimin couldn't help the way he leaned in for more, enjoying how Jungkooks hands slid to his ass pulling him in. As the kiss heated up the doorbell rang.
"MmmPizza" Jimin gasped pulling away and running to the front door he buzzed the gate so the driver could drive in. Thanking him Jimin closed the door turning to see a smiling Jungkook there.
"Well I suppose I can eat that rather than something else," he said suggestively.
"Your....! Aah stop it!!"
Jungkook laughed then helped Jimin to clear a table in front of the tv .
"I'm having a beer, you?"
"Sure, beer and pizza,"
"Choose a film,"
Jungkook flicked through then found a scary one.
Jimin bit his lip then sat back on the sofa as Jungkook sat close.the pizza was demolished in no time and the beer soon followed.
Jimin pretended to watch, he didn't like scary films he got nightmares and he didn't want the other to laugh at him. His gaze flicked up just as someone was killed by a maniac,"aaargh!!" He jumped gripping Jungkooks arm and hiding his face.
"Jimin you ok?"
"Mmm," came out muffled.
"Are you scared? Why didn't you say so?" The film was clicked off and Jumin came out from his hiding place against Jungkooks arm.
"Look it's ok you carry on watching, I'll go to my room, I know it's stupid but I get nightmares when I watch horror."
"Sorry Jimin, look you should say when things affect you."
"But it's embarrassing !!"
"I don't like microwaves."
"What?"
"Microwaves I won't use them they scare me."
"Now that is embarrassing!"
"Hey,be kind!" Jungkook laughed
Jimin suddenly yawned." I think I'll go to bed, there's a tv in your room if you want to watch it there."
"I might, goodnight Jimin,"
"Night Kookie," without thinking Jimin leaned up kissing the others cheek," oops sorry , I'll um er goodnight!" He rushed off leaving a smiling Jungkook behind.
Jimin showered and cleaned his teeth deciding against pj's as it was warm. Sliding into his bed it wasn't long before he was soundly asleep.
Jungkook finished the film off in his room then showered. He decided to get a glass of water from the kitchen so he opened his door quietly that's when he heard the faint whimpering.
Going towards Jimins room he heard it louder. Clicking the door open he saw Jimin thrashing around in his bed. He thought he must be having a nightmare due to the movie but as he went over he heard,
"No please don't hit me again"
No no I didn't do anything"
"Someone help me,"
It was a pitiful sound and Jungkook couldn't bear it.
"Jimin wake up..., Jimin!"
The small boy opened his eyes but they were glazed living his nightmare," it hurts please stop,"
Jungkook roughly shook him and suddenly Jimin focused ,"Kookie? What....?"
"Jimin who hit you tell me!"
"Hit?..... No must have been that film...." His eyes looked down,a clear sign of him lying.
"No I know what I heard so tell me who!!"
"It's nothing !"
Jungkook got mad," stop hiding tell me!" He raised his hand in exasperation Jimin shrunk back then tried to cover it .
"You should sleep,""
"Jimin did you think I was going to hit you?"
Jimins silence spoke volumes.
Jungkook climbed on the bed leaning against the headboard pulling Jimin onto his chest.
"Tell me....,please?"
Jimin sighed," it's nothing, it's done with...., let's just say I wasn't popular in the army, I was an easy target, small and not manly, I tried to fit in, I did, but maybe it's something in me that just annoys people, but at night they would cover my face with a pillow and punch me in the ribs and stomach. Never enough to send me to hospital just enough to make it painful."
Jungkook rubbed the others back.
"They were wrong Jimin you should have reported it."
Jimin gave a dull chuckle," to who ? The man in charge? The same one who egged them on, telling me I was too soft that I was a gay disgrace?"
Jungkooks heart ached for the pain the other had been put through.
"Kookie?"
"Yes?"
"Can you....stay here tonight?
Jungkook kissed the top of Jimin's head," sure I can.
He got under the cover nnd pulled Jimin to his chest.
"Go to sleep, I'm here, your safe"
Jimins head lay on the others chest listening to the steady heartbeat . Soon his eyes drifted closed . Hearing the soft breathing he gently brushed Jimins hair, just how hard had it been for Jimin, he used to always be the one taking care of others, now someone needed to take care of him.