Chapter 7: Calypse's Jealousy- Part 3

Maximilian sat in the dining hall the following afternoon with Annette, the twins and Roland.

The room, to Maxi's delight, was filled with comfortable chatter.

"I wonder what the knight's training is like, considering they're the most powerful association of knights in the Empire..." Dean pondered.

"Well, it's hardly going to be easy Dean." Annette stated. "I'd say Lord Calypse runs them ragged."

She glanced at Maxi.

"No offence." She said sheepishly.

"None taken." Stated Maxi. "H-He definitely doesn't go easy on them."

Roland snorted. "I'm sure of that after the display yesterday evening."

Maxi glared at him. "How dare he state anything false about Riftan when he arrived unannounced?"

"He is a very g-gracious and f-fair man, so the men respect him greatly." She spoke icily while she stared at Roland.

The twins and Agnes looked back and forth between Maximilian and Roland as they stared at each other, neither of them backing down.

Maxi stood up suddenly after a minute or so of silence.

"I'm going t-to go to the training g-grounds. My h-husband might need help w-with his taxing training d-drills." She spat as she turned and walked out of the great hall.

The twins glared at Roland as Annette followed Maxi down the hallway.

"What did I do?" He said angrily as the twins continued to stare...

                               __________

Riftan stood on the edge of the training grounds, observing the knights perfecting their dueling skills.

It was a crisp morning in Anatol, the remains of fog from the night before still settled around the area.

Riftan sighed aloud, his breath visible in the air.

He noticed Maximilian approaching him and a slight frown appeared on his face.

"It's too cold for you to be outside." He said to her, wrapping her up in his arms and kissing the top of her head.

Maxi blushed.

"Riftan! Not i-in front of the knights!"

Riftan chuckled as his fingers brushed her cheekbone.

"If they noticed you entering the grounds, then they'll have to do an extra round of push ups. They should be paying attention to their training, not my beautiful wife."

Maxi smiled and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. She giggled when Riftan's face and neck turned a light shade of red.

"Look who's blushing n-now!" She laughed, unable to contain it when Riftan mock-pouted at her.

"How is our guest?" Riftan asked, and Maxi's smile fell off her face.

"He is good. Not comfortable, but good."

"We wouldn't want to have a Nornui wizard feeling uncomfortable now, would we." Said Riftan in a mocking tone.

Maxi giggled again.

"No, n-no we wouldn't."

__________

A/N.

Hello!! I'm back in action 😎
I'm sooo sorry for not posting in months (I'm becoming the writer I said I would never be🥲)
I'm hoping to post in a more balanced schedule more often now (and I know this snippet is really short- I couldn't leave you guys any longer!)
Again I'm so sorry and I love you guys!
CmfDoll1 x