Chapter 5: Calypse's Jealousy- Part 2

"Roland?!"

Maxi looked at the wizard in complete shock. The dwarves were mimicking a similar state, and the knights looked at the man in confusion.

Riftan gazed at the man with a stiff expression on his face, trying to assess the situation.

There were two things on Riftan's mind;

1. Who the f*ck is this guy

And

2. How does Maxi know him?

"Who are you?" Riftan inquired, sword drawn and inches from Roland's throat. In the midst of all the confusion and concern, Riftan had managed to stalk his way over to the young man, who now wore an irritated expression.

"A senior wizard and professor of Nornui, so I recommend that you remove your sword from within ten inches of my neck Calypse, or you might end up in front of the court of Nornui."

Hebaron reacted quickly to the wizard's hostile remarks, which did not help the strange situation.

"Do you have any respect wizard?" He hissed. "You come in, uninvited I might add, to a lord's home, and expect a warm welcome? You could've been anybody! How could we have known if you-"

He was cut off by surprise at the sight of Maximilian standing between Riftan and Roland.

"R-Riftan," she said softly.

She placed her right palm flat on his abs, and gently pushed his arm down with her other hand.

He calmed immediately as he saw his wife in front of him, but the furious look he stared at Roland with was still etched into his handsome face.

"He's one of my s-supervisors from N-Nornui, he won't h-harm anybody." Maxi whispered to him.

Riftan took a step back and placed his sword on the long dining table.

"We'll go to my office, now."

He motioned for his pack of knights to follow him (Nirta, Rikaido, Karon and Laxion) along with Maxi and the dwarves. Ruth reluctantly followed them as well down the hallway.

__________

"Why did you arrive here uninvited, and also not send word before you came?" Riftan said coldly to Roland.

"I had to stop here due to a lack of supplies, and thought I may as well visit Maximilian. I got word from the Ulmi tribe that Annette, Dean and Alex were staying here too, so I would not be completely alone as a wizard." Roland replied in an irritated manner.

He gazed at Ruth icily.

"Calto says hello. I'm not sure why he would send a message to a traitor like you, but I suppose he's gone soft in his old age..."

Ruth looked shocked at the man, and Maxi saw a flash of pain in his expression, but it left as quickly as it appeared.

"You will be courteous to everyone in this castle while you reside here wizard," Uslin Rikaido was seething with anger from the man's remarks. "Or you might not leave here with all your limbs."

Roland began to size Uslin up until they were face to face.

"Is that a threat," Roland hissed. "Oh noble knight, Princess Agnes won't be pleased with you," he proceeded to mock him.

Elliot and Gabel struggled to hold Uslin back. He was shaking with the anticipation to beat the wizard to a pulp.

Maxi assessed the situation and said clearly;
"How about, instead of insulting and threatening each other,"

She looked at Uslin and Roland.

"We talk this through like normal civilised human beings."

Everyone stared at her as she walked and sat down on Riftan's large chair behind the desk.

She stared at them.

"W-Well? Roland, start talking."

He stared in shock at Maximilian. Well, so did everyone in the room.

"Fine, if you won't say anything b-by your own accord, I will h-have to ask the q-questions. What is your mission here?"

"Erm, we have to journey to Drachium for diplomatic purposes." He replied, looking around nervously at the other people in the room.

Maxi looked him dead in the eye and said, "And you planned to replenish s-supplies in Anatol before h-heading to the capital?"

Roland furrowed his brow. "Y-yes Maximilian."

"You will address her as Milady in her own home." Hebaron fumed.

Roland opened his mouth to reply, but Maxi spoke before he had a chance.

"Silence." Maxi ordered.

Riftan was stunned at his wife being diplomatic in the situation. "Oh, I love you Maxi." He thought.

"You and your p-party may stay here as l-long as you wish, Roland, but I w-want no arguments or d-duels between knights and wizards. Is that clear?"

There was complete silence.

"Is that clear?" Maxi spoke louder.

"Yes Milady." The crowd mumbled.

Annette, Roland and the twins left together, to go to their arranged quarters. The knights and Ruth went back to the dining hall, which left Maxi and Riftan together in the office.

"Should I be worried?" Riftan chuckled as he leaned on the desk.

"W-Whatever do you mean?" Maxi spluttered and blushed from head to toe.

Riftan walked to where she sat in the chair, scooped her up and placed her on his lap.

"I hope I don't have to worry about that wizard and my darling wife." He whispered into her ear. "And those dwarf twins."

Maxi shivered as she felt tingles down her spine. "Focus, Maximilian." She thought.

"N-no you do not! As if I would e-ever do that!"

Riftan chuckled and peppered kisses down her neck.

"Riftan! N-not here!"

They laughed together in the dark of Riftan's office, and the maids chuckled as they went past.

Hopefully the wizards won't cause problems..

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note:

Hi guys!
Here's part two of Calypse's Jealousy. Sorry for taking so long on this. I have a good reason for it but I'll get to that in a minute.

I'm hoping to make this a 3-4 part story, and I promise I'll write other oneshots soon! Comment any ideas you have!

Now, the reason why I was slow to update is that I recently joined ao3 (Archive of Our Own).
I have 2 stories posted there so check them out if you fancy! They're also under CmfDoll1!

I hope to try and post these oneshots on ao3, but I have to figure out how to import everything and it'll take me a while to figure out.

Thanks so much guys!!

CmfDoll1