3. first day

7:30 AM

Narrator's POV

----

As Onika and Kenneth finished breakfast, Onika placed her plate in the sink, wanting to wash it when Eva came around the corner, "Oh no Miss. Onika, you don't have to do the dishes, I'm the maid after all," she ushered Onika to the side as she took the plate out of her hand, "Oh Eva, don't worry I can do it, you already do so much," Onika insisted, "It's my job Miss," she replied making Onika comply. 

Eva worked with Kenneth's family ever since he was a kid, she'd seen him grow into the man he had become and when Kenneth took his first move Eva came with him. Since of course every sibling of Kenneth's family had their own maid. She was a second mother to him. Eva was an older, Jamacian lady who reminded Onika of her late grandmother. 

"Good Morning, Eva," Kenneth greeted placing one hand on Onika's back, "Good Morning, Kenneth," she smiled back. 

"If you'll excuse us, we must get going, we have a long day at work set out for us don't we Onika?" Onika turned her head and smiled, "Yes, yes we do," 

"Bye Eva," Kenneth said turning, hooking Onika's waist and gently pulling her with him, "Bye Eva!" Onika semi-yelled as they walked out the door. 

-------

In the car

-----

"I have a meeting the first 10 minutes, think you can manage getting checked in and set up?" Kenneth questioned while they drove towards the firm, "Of course,"

"Good, all you have to do is go to the front desk and they'll tell you what you need to do and whatnot," Kenneth looked over to see Onika's leg bouncing a little bit out of anxiety and took her hand into his and caressed it like he did at breakfast and he saw Onika's leg stop bouncing and felt her calm down, "You have nothing to be afraid of Nika," Meanwhile Onika was too focused on the fact that he can calm her down and trying hard to maintain the butterflies that flew around in her stomach, looking at him, he kissed her hand as they pulled up to the firm.

-------

"Please park it in the usual spot Larry, not the one that you guys did last time," 

"Got it Sir," he responded taking the keys from Kenneth to park his car.

"Shall we?" He said and Onika nodded.

They walked into the building and Onika looked around, this place was HUGE. She could easily get lost, she spotted a large elevator that they stepped into that took them all the way up to the very top of the building, floor 44, where all the office spaces were located, at least most of them. Kenneth got pulled away by his assistant and almost missed his meeting, but luckily he didn't. That leaves Onika, who stepped out the elevator last, clutching her tiny Chanel purse in her gloved hands as she walked down the hallway to the main desk, the sound of her heels bounced throughout the hall. She got a few looks from people who passed by her, all in very formal black or white attire, nothing else. Onika being the only one in baby pink stood out. 

When she reached the main desk she placed her tiny Chanel bag on the counter looking at the tall woman who sat behind, she had gorgeous chocolate skin and bone straight hair. Her name tag read Naomi Campbell, Supervising Attendant.