2. work

Kenneth POV

Monday, 6 AM

TW: SENSITIVE TOPICS ARE DISCUSSED 

-----

The sound of my alarm rung across the room, not that I needed it though, I was already awake. I've been having trouble sleeping lately, it was excruciating. I kept having similar dreams, similar dreams about Onika. 

Onika at work.

Onika as my wife.

Onika as a mother.

It was driving me insane, her presence invaded every part of me, I didn't even have to think of her, she was already in my mind. 

Has Onika aten? 

Is Onika happy?

Is she comfortable?

I kicked off the blanket and ran my palm up and down my face. I made the bed and proceeded to the bathroom to take a shower before I leave for work. Icy cold water jolted my body out of tiredness, made my adrenaline run. As a scrubbed soap on my skin I thought of Onika once again, I needed to make sure she felt comfortable at work, I didn't wan't her to feel unsafe. I already had it arranged that her office would be the room across mine, for one, convenience, and two to be there when she needed me.

She is young, I didn't want to break her heart. 

The world is a hard place for a young woman of her age. Onika is around the same age my younger sister was when she died, 

suicide.

Too many problems, too much stress on her, she couldn't take it. 

I blame myself, I was there, but I should've been there with her, by her side. I was just building my firm at the time and had no idea how much pain she was in, I wasn't careful, wasn't aware.

I'm not letting that happen to Onika, I couldn't bare it.

The worst pain of my life was loosing Kate. 

I turned off the water and dried myself off before changing into the suit that lied on the hanger that stood on the door. After I put on a watch and my cologne and I was out the door. I hadn't expected Onika to be up so I walked over to her room and knocked lightly on the slightly open door. 

"Onika?"

I knocked again, she wasn't there, I opened the door slightly to see the bed made. I panicked for a second before I turned to walk down the stairs and heard light, angelic humming coming from the kitchen.   

Then the smell of food hit me. As I walked around into the kitchen I saw Onika plating food in a pink dolce gabanna dress. She looked like a doll. Her hair curled in a high ponytail with the fronts down to the sides. Her earrings diamonds and her heels light pink to match her dress. 

"Good morning sleeping beauty," Onika beamed while handing me a colorful plate filled with plantains, saltfish, eggs, and some kale looking salad.