11 | Strings to the puppet

A singular piece of paper, pinned and strung together on a paint-barren wall. The string attached tight to be connected along with the other photos, each polaroid and printed picture clear and filled with red-penned annotations.

Heizou ran his fingers through his hair. It had been a tough night, solving lesser cases only to come back to the peculiar story of La Signora and the missing Idols. 

What had he been missing? What was the last piece? He scrolled through his phone, desperate to find evidence that would lead him any closer to the truth. The screen shone blue amidst the dark-lit room, being the only sliver of light in the shuttered area. Xiao had sent the photos approximately six hours ago. Heizou re-checked and analyzed the snapshots thoroughly every ten minutes or so. Maybe it had been paranoia, or excitement, even.

Once more, he tapped the screen lightly on one of the shots. The picture hadn't stood out from the rest- perhaps being the reason why Heizou had mindlessly selected it. It's colours painted a beautiful scene of an orange-hued set of shops, cafes, and bakeries. He narrowed his eyes, studying the gleam of the snapshot as he leaned backward. Then, he noticed.

The slight flash of violet glow.

Crash. He leaned too far- unable to catch himself from fall. Each polaroid fluttered uncontrollably from the impact as he lied on the floor not caring whatsoever. Then, his gaze flew to the next photo, and the next, and the next. Every image displayed that same violet colour..

Without a second thought, his fingers briskly dialed Xiao's number, head filled with urgency. Eyes landing back to the screen, a reflection met his stare from one of the shop's dark-tinted glass. Indigo hair, ends glowing as if electric. And there, the distinguishable title of the shop's name could never be uncarved from his mind.

Naganohara fireworks.

The phone rung, interrupting his investigation.

"Hello?"

"Xiao" Heizou's eyes twinkled, a spark to a fire cracker, "I need you to lend me that phone"

___

"Are you serious? Eighty dollars for this??" You shoved the bag back to it's shelf. Yoimiya sighed, arms clutched to her soon-to-be new clothes.

"You're never going to plan a proper outfit in time for the concert if you keep picking all of these expensive stuff"

"It's not my fault that all the good accessories are the most expensive!"

Preparing for a concert was much more difficult and complex than you had ever imagined. If you were to faint, bring a pillow. If you were to overheat, bring bottles and electric fans. And most of all, if you were asked to be on stage.. sing.

That was the one set of preparation you couldn't seem to fathom at all. How were you supposed to sing whatever song goes on when you didn't even recognize 4NEMO right at your face in that boba store? You couldn't remember a single quote from any of the song's lyrics Yoimiya attempted to teach you. It was only one day, after all. One day of supporting your friends. Yes.. for your friends.