DoD Lunch Date

Quirky, Funky POV Chapter

As always, the image is not mine, it's from the graphic novel. 

......

Tsunami was seated in her office, pretending to listen Webs as he told her about the fight that had happened earlier that day. Apparently two students had been fighting over prey again. It definitely wasn't a first. 

She jumped up, when she realized he was done talking and was looking her expectantly. The students were awaiting her answer eagerly. 

"Oh," Tsunami grunted, looking at the sun dial. 5 more minutes! "Yeah. Right, um. Don't do it again kids." Both of them looked bewildered they stood up to leave. 

But before they could even get close to the door, Tsunami pushed them out of the room. The oak door slammed shut behind them. 

"They must be punished!" Webs protested, banging his fist on her desk. "We can't just let kids get away with fighting!" 

"Then you do it. I however, am busy," Tsunami replied. "Okay, thanks bye!" She shoved him out, grabbed her lunch, and left for her lunch break with the Dragonets of Destiny. 

"Thank three moons the day is half over," She muttered. "I can't deal with this much longer."

.............

Sunny ran down the hall to the library, excited for lunch. Everyone would be eating together, even Glory! And Clay said he'd bake a cake! But.... does he know he know how to bake? He's usually the one to eat the food. 

Sunny was puzzling over Clay's cooking abilities when she bumped right into Starflight. 

"Sorry, Starflight!" She exclaimed, helping him up. He was carrying a pile of library books, with spines so old they could be from Scorching times.  

"Sunny? What are you doing here?" Starflight asked nervously. He was shaking so badly, he nearly toppled over again. But the tone in his voice was unmistakable.

Sunny's heart sank. He didn't seem too happy to see her. "I...I came to get you. You know, for lunch." She smiled, hoping he would sense it without his sight. 

Starflight blushed. Suddenly, Fatespeaker emerged from the library. She too was carrying a bunch of stuff. "Starflight let's g-" She broke off when Sunny. "Oh." She looked like she wanted to throw something towards Sunny's head. 

 "Hi Fatespeaker! I'm here to help Starflight get to the teachers lounge," She explained calmly. Why does she have to be here? She wasn't even invited to the lunch!

"Well, you don't have to," Fatespeaker snapped. "I am."

Sunny stood speechless. Starflight seemed just as surprised. However, Sunny refused to get mad. Cheerfully, she said, "Let's both do it!"

Fatespeaker, looking furious, reluctantly agreed.

Starflight in relief. 

.............

Clay limped along the corner towards the teachers lounge. Peril walked beside him, carrying the iron case that held the cake. He'd baked it earlier that morning. It was supposed to taste like blueberries. Not even Moon could predict how it actually tasted.

Clay burst into the lounge, singing, "Ta-daaaaa!" He looked around. Glory, wasn't there yet. The room was covered in a bunch of cushioned chairs and a stone chair for Peril. 

Starflight was seated between one happy looking Sunny and a grumpy looking Fatespeaker. Sunny and Tsunami were sitting across from each other and were deeply engaged in a conversation. No one paid Clay any attention. 

He limped over to his brown chair (each of the cushions was the color of the dragonets scales). Peril placed the cake on the table and sat down in her chair next to him. Clay licked his lips and looked at his lunch. Sunny had brought roast lizards, Tsunami had brought something pick and squishy. It was probably going to be sweet-tasting by the looks of it. Starflight had brought something that was labeled as "lemon sugar juice". Peril had also helped him catch some particularly fast chickens so they were slightly singed. 

Honestly they were practically raw compared to Peril's other meals. 

Clay licked his lips in anticipation. 

............. 

Glory entered five minutes late with a large selection of fruit. Deathbringer was carrying everything of course. 

He carefully place the fruit on the coffee table, then collapsed onto his chair. 

Glory rolled her eyes, then said, "Hi everyone! Miss me?" She handed out a piece of her Starfruit to everyone.

Deathbringer managed to say, "The Queen of Rainwings has arrived!" Before sighing and reclining even further back into his chair. 

Tsunami muttered something about "Seawing princesses" but everyone else waved and greeted her. At least no one was angry today.

"PLEASE CAN WE EAT?" Clay begged from the corner. Poor, thing was overworked. Everyone laughed, then began to eat. 

Glory looked at everyone. Tsunami was bossing clay around about how much he should be eating. Sunny was oblivious to the jealously of Fatespeaker and the melancholy of Starflight. Peril and Deathbringer were talking while Glory served everyone. 

It was great to be with family again. 

Dedicated to Book Owl for the first outline. 

I asked her to give Ripnami fluff plot ideas and she gave me this. 

I don't think she knows what fluff is....

The requested chapter will be out tomorrow. 

Also, if you like the story please comment and vote! It means a lot!!