Cherry's Date (OC)

Cherry

"Here, Cherry, try these earrings." Blackpearl handed Cherry a pair of ruby earrings, shaped like cherries.

Boriel giggled. "Cute, Blackpearl."

The three girls were in Cherry's room, getting her ready for her night out with Shard. They had taken all their combined jewelry, plus some of Starflower's room, and were trying them on.

Cherry nervously twirled in front of the mirror, admiring her jewelry. She sighed and came to a stop. "I don't know how you talked me into this." She fidgeted with her bracelet. "Does Shard even like me?"

Blackpearl and Boriel exchanged a glance before Boriel put on a fake thoughtful look. "Hmmm. That's a tough one. Well, he brought you lunch every day for a week, each time giving you his own portion of deep fried mangos with cherry sauce. Then- Gee, he gave you a bracelet of green, blue, and purple gems- are those your favorite colors? Oh, wait, they are. And then he--"

"OKAY, OKAY! Alright already." Cherry fretted with her jewelry again, Blackpearl and Boriel behind her suppressing giggles. Cherry bounced on her toes. She couldn't stop moving, she was so stressed.

Suddenly her face lit up. She lunged forward and grabbed Blackpearl. "See the future, Pearly! See the future!"

Blakpeal shoved her away. "Jeez, Cherry. Don't call me that." Cherry sent an apologetic look over at her. Blackpearl gave a small smile. "Don't you think I would have checked to see if it went ok before convincing you to go out with Shard?"

Cherry gave a loud and energetic squeal. She pulled the other dragonets into a hug, lifted them up, and rocked them back and forth. Then she let go and dropped down into her bean bag chair, a look of defeat plastered on her face.

She looked mournfully at the others. "I might as well make it easier for everyone and just die now." Before Blackpearl and Boriel could protest, she continued. "Pearly"-ignoring the look from Blackpearl- "you can only see so many futures. What if you've seen the wrong one? If this goes wrong, my life will be over. Me and Shard will never look at each other again. We won't be able to fight evil together. Shard will get depression and we will all be sad. And if--"

Boriel spoke up, interrupting Cherry's pathetic monologue. "Cherry, you've had the honor of the love of a nice, kind, boy. If you are happy with this depends on ONE question. Do you like Shard, too?"

Shard

"I'm an idiot." Shard and Yeti were sprawled on their backs on the floor of their man cave.

"Yep." Yeti said.

"Why'd I ask her? Should I have?"

"Yep," Yeti agreed.

"Thanks. That makes me feel better," Shard said honestly. He rolled over and leaned his face on his hands, propping himself up by his elbows. "Do you have a crush on anyone?"

"Yep," said Yeti.

Shard's eyes widened. "WHO? Boriel? Amber? Cherry? ...Blackpearl?"

"Yep," said Yeti.

"WOW!" Shard exclaimed. He eased himself back to the floor and laid his chin on his hands. "Even though she likes Boriel?"

"Yep," said Yeti.

"Heartbreaker, man." Shard said admirably.

"Yep," said Yeti.

Shard glanced at the hourglass and stood up. "Gotta go, bro. Nice talking to you, Yeti my man."

"Yep," said Yeti.

Shard left the cave. Yeti stood up and shook himself off. "Thought he'd never leave. Amber! Come out from under the bed. Let's have that therapy session you wanted."

Cherry and Shard

Cherry and Shard sat at a small stone table in Shard's garden under the moonlight. Shard clapped his hands twice, and his monkeys came running up. They were carrying a silver platter between them, reflecting the moonlight off of it.

Cherry made a small noise and placed a hand to her chest. Her eyes sparkled, the monkeys were just too cute.

Shards glanced at Cherry and smiled. He clapped his hands again, and they placed it on the table and ran away. Shard took the lid off with a flourish, revealing a plate of mango sushi.

Cherry looked at Shard and smiled. "Thank you, Shard." She said shyly.

They were best friends and spent all their time together, but somehow this night made her shy of him.

"Er..." Shard opened his mouth to reply, but quickly shut it, fearing if he spoke he'd only embarrass himself. Instead, he whistled. His monkeys came hurrying back, this time with a small violin and saxophone. They started playing music. They managed to play music the whole way through their dinner, and a while after. Then one of them started chewing on the instrument. Shard rushed over, while Cherry had a laughing fit.

"No, Raspberry! That's not food!" Shard was wrestling it out of Rasberry's hands when Cherry heard a noise behind her. She stopped laughing and pricked her ear up.

"What..." Shard and Raspberry were paused, mid fight, and looking at her.

"SHH!" Cherry was turned around, looking out into the woods behind her. She squinted out into the dark trees. "DUCK!"

"Yum, roast duck," said Shard, before Cherry ran straight towards him, grabbed his wrist, and continued running.

"The other duck!" Cherry cried frantically. " Evil Scavenger! With pointy claw!"

3rd Person Omniscient (I think)

"Eh-hem!" Yeti cleared his throat professionally, and Amber couldn't help but giggle, which earned her a surprised look from Yeti. She really couldn't stop herself, he just looked so funny with his tiny pair of glasses perched on the tip of his nose, and his tiny scroll held in front of him.

Amber silenced herself, and leaned back into a long chair, her face turned upward towards Yeti. "Knock yourself out, Professor Yeti."

"OK." Yeti looked over his scroll. "Just tell me your problems".

"Meh." Amber was starting to regret this. "Shard likes Cherry more than me."

"Hmmm. Interesting." Yeti jotted something down on his scroll. "Why do you think that?"

Amber lost her temper. She slapped Yeti's glasses off his face, and stomped them under her foot. "They're literally on a date right now!"

Yeti whimpered. Amber was about to continue ranting when Blackpearl and Boriel entered the room. "Could you two be quiet?"

Amber directed her anger towards Blackpearl, but Yeti quickly silenced her. He frantically pointed towards the door. They all turned towards it. Cherry and Shard were leaning against the door frame, out of breath but happy.

"What happened?" Amber, to everyone's surprise, asked with a note of concern in her voice.

"Scavenger," Shard panted, giving a breathy laugh.

"With pointy claw," Cherry added. She collapsed on the floor with a "huff!" .

Starflower and the other guardians rushed into the room. Starflower lifted Cherry into a giant hug. "Cherry, are you ok? Shard? Did anyone else see the scavenger? Pine, go kill it now."

As quickly as they came, they all left, leaving the dragonets alone again.

They were all silent for a few minutes.

"Well... how'd it go?" Blackpearl tentatively asked.

Cherry and Shard smiled at each other, and then they all sat down together, talking and laughing, and then all was right in the world. 

Hello faithful readers. This is a short story I wrote(BTW this is Book Owl) and I hope it's good. I started writing it with a lot of ideas and hope for it, but towards the end my ideas and imagination floated away so the end's kind of disappointing. 

If you liked this story book haven't read our book go do it!! I bet you'll love that too!

Book Owl Out! 🦉