Everlasting Love

8.

I watched the truck holding my grandfather's body in a refrigerator amongst other things drive
Passed me.

The caretaker he was fucking found his body before Derrick could arrive and now she was laying face first In a ditch somewhere.

We don't use women for anything that isn't sexual in this business. So the act of killing her was done with extra care even though she was not family.

"This is going to cause a war." Spike said standing next to me with a match in his hand preparing to light my cigarette.

I shouldn't be smoking but the nicotine cravings intensify when I'm stressed.

"You're not wrong... but they asked for this." I blew the cigarette smoke into the air.
My grandfather was to be dropped off at a Spade property, with that neat little chip in his neck that shows his location on our family's secure networks.

When he's found, my father's fury will undoubtedly lead to a war with the so called prince of the east coast and blood will spill as it does in these kinds of situations.

And if the blood belongs to my father and brother, It'd be nothing but a tragedy, a well manufactured tragedy. Furthermore if a war with spade rewards me with a victory of said prince's head on a platter, I'll be all the more pleased.

Then I'll have two kingdoms to run after eliminating my family.

I may not be as 'smart' as Artemis but I am much more vindictive than he'll ever hope to be.
If the kingdom won't be given to the one who built it, who secured it's foundations who lined the walls with corpses then I'd set it aflame. I'll Burn the whole thing to the ground with everyone inside.

Spike opens the car door for me, we're still moving in this sad excuse for a car.
"Why'd you do it?" Spike asked as he backed us out of the parking lot.
"Why'd you take out your grandfather, I thought he was on our side?"

"Sadly-" I grab his head in my hand, his short blond strands pricks my palm and his hand bats at my own to get my hand away.

"You're all I got, kid." Spike was 10 years younger than I was. I even have a vivid memory of holding him as a baby, a blue eyed little prick that threw up on my favorite shirt.

"Get off-" he gritted out following a string of Russian curses that bring a smile to my face.
"What if this backfires?" Spike, the anxious little shit disrupts my thoughts.
"As long as I'm alive and you're alive, who cares about the rest of it." I told him, staring out at the trees as we made our way to the gated mansion.

"Whose to say we will survive this."

"You and I could survive a nuclear bomb."

"Like cockroaches?" Spike asked, and I thought 'exactly.'
"Like cockroaches." I smile rubbing his head as he tries to shrug off my hand.

Janelle is still asleep, wrapped up in sheets when I get back. I tug off my coat and shoes and walk towards the bed.

She looked so peaceful in her sleep all pure innocent beauty, ethereal.
Janelle had defiled all the expectations I had of her.
She was the first person I ever read wrong, maybe it's because we communicated through text most of the time, so I couldn't look into her eyes and see the strength behind her gaze.

She fights back, and I like it.
If any other person stabbed me in the thigh, they would've gotten their hand chopped off if I was in a good mood and dead if I wasn't.

But with her, it sets a fire inside of me. I like fires.

I want her to love me, to want and need me so much that she can't even breathe if I'm Not around.
I want her to see only me and to think of only me like I do with her.