Hellfire

7.

I've always been excellent on my feet, literally and figuratively. Maybe it was being pushed into the hellfire that was Hollywood at the young age that I was.

A toddler who had a rigid meal plan and developed an eating disorder before they could even spell 'fat'.

There's just something about being hung off the edge of a cliff that puts me in my element.

Learning a new dance 12 hours before it's to be performed because my dance instructor had a nervous breakdown and threaten to end their life if I performed the routine they'd been teaching me all month.
Even worse, if I forgot.... if I froze.

Learning lines in the car while driving to an audition for a production that has treated everyone I knew like dirt.

I find my footing when the ground underneath me is unstable.

My head rolls to the side and the sudden strain of muscles wake me up.

one side of my face burns and there's an incessant pounding in my head.
I raise my aching body into a sitting position, taking in my surroundings.

I was in a dark grey room with a tiny barred window bringing in sunlight and a dirty light bulb hanging over the ceiling putting out a sickly green tint on the light it shined.

The wall is a popcorn texture and so is the ceiling and that only goes to unnerve me.
The room is a square with a bed, a chrome sink and a chrome toilet.

There's a bolted door on one side and a key pad near the top of it.
I stand up from the bed and walk across the room to the door.

I pull at the door handle to find that it was locked.
There was no surprise there but I pretended to be panicked anyway.
A practiced cry left my lips and I moved my body frantically, banging on the door until my fist burned.

"Matheus please-- I'm sorry please let me out." I scream, over and over again until my already hoarse voice leaves me.

I slide down the wall until my body presses against the cold cement floor.

I wipe the tears off my face and take a deep breath to quill the panic settling into my chest.

My half baked plan was all I could think to do and I can't afford to panic and mess it up now.

So far Matheus has no intention of killing me, even after my attacks. Which means this situation is going to be long term for me.

Which in turn means I have to do my best to appeal to him...gain his trust.
Get him to let me go on his own terms.

Thoughts of Jay purge my mind.
And I choked on tears.
He's all alone out there.
I could only hope that this incident has chipped away a couple inches of ice off my parent's frozen hearts.

He'd need them now.
If I can get Malia to let me talk to him regularly, it'll be easier to stop myself from panicking at just the thought of him.

There's no way to tell time in here but I've been sitting in the same position against the door for what feels like hours.

I hear three knocks against the steel door.
I crawl away, creating space between my self and the door.

"Angel." I hear Matheus's voice call from the other side.
I begin pleading, begging him to let me out.

"Shhh." He hushes me, I quiet down and wait for him to speak again.
"I want you to go all the way to the head corner on the bed for me alright?" He instructed.