Chapter 16 - A Fated pair

--External POV--

The child was scared, shivering all over as he hid with his sibling in a hollow tree. As they heard soft growls and paws treading over the soil, the smallest of the pair let out a whimper of fear, instantly quieting the forest around them.

"Seems like our prey is close boys." The Alpha sneered, gaining cheers and growls as a reply as the two children stared at each other, losing all hope of escape. The older boy of six grabbed a hold of his four year old sister, pressing her against his chest to hide her from the wolves.

The boy's green eyes flared a bright gold as his wolf got closer to the surface, a silent whisper in the back of his mind that reminded him to keep silent. They both knew the price they had to pay if their Alpha recaptured them.

After all, the power hungry tyrant had forbidden anyone from getting close to the border. and the two children had willingly ran in an attempt to escape the abuse. The boy was covered in small bruises, though he smiled down at his sister, happy that she remained bruise-free.

The woods were completely silent, not a bird that dared to squawk as the Alpha of their pack followed their trail, four other wolves fanning out to make sure they would catch the children.

The dark haired boy held his breath when he turned his head the slightest bit and stared right at a jaw filled with sharp teeth, the Alpha's wolf unable to look into the den both he and his sister had curled into.

"Sir!" A voice shouted just as the Alpha was lowering himself on his haunches, growl rumbling through his chest. The children squirmed in fear but remained quiet otherwise, listening and waiting for everything to unfold.

The Alpha turned around, allowing the kids a breath of air as they watched the Beta stalk through the trees. A sensation of dread and nausea settled on the kids, knowing that the Beta was as twisted and cruel as their Alpha.

As the powerful wolf of their Alpha turned around, the Beta scowled slightly and stared down at his feet as the man shifted. "What? Stop your shaking and answer me!" He snarled venomously, causing the Beta to flinch slightly before the man spoke up.

"The human you sold the runt to is in jail sir. It got adopted by a pack of werewolves-" The Beta was cut off as the Alpha roared angrily and punched him in the face before grasping the man by the throat.

Choking gasps rang through the forest as the beta clasped his leader's hand, trying desperately to pry him off his throat and allow him to breath again. A sneer changed the Alpha's handsome features as he slowly lowered his second in command, his hand moving to the Beta's jaw before his claws slowly started sinking in the younger male's cheeks.

"I thought I ordered you to keep an eye on that despicable weakling...you were supposed to make sure scenarios like this didn't happen." The Alpha sneered cooly, applying more force until the Beta grunted, eyes watering at the near bone-breaking pressure.

The children held their breath as they watched, certain that their Alpha was going to brutally murder his own brother, his Beta. Instead, the man dropped his Beta to the floor, a wicked gleam in his eyes as he slowly hunched over to speak to the sprawled out wolf on the floor.

"Since your men failed to do as they were told, you are going to track down that pathetic little runt and dispose of it. I don't care what you do with the little bastard, drown it, strangle it, hell, skin it for all I care but you better not return before you erased any evidence that could lead back to my pack. Do I make myself clear?"

The Beta nodded, unable to speak with his fractured jaw and flinched when his Alpha patted harshly against his wounded face. "Good. I'd hate to really punish you, brother. You have today to heal and prepare yourself. Get lost. ALL of you!"

The siblings in the tree nearly squeaked but managed to silence themselves before they were spotted as all the wolves quickly followed their Alpha back to their territory. After several minutes of silence, the boy relaxed when he heard several birds chirp and sing.

"Come on, let's get out of here." The boy whispered, pushing his sister back before slowly venturing out of the tree. When everything was safe, he called his sister out and shifted into his wolf, knowing that he would get exhausted quickly by carrying his sister.

As soon as his sibling shifted, they both ran as fast as their little paws could carry them. Their only hope was to get to the pack that was willing to adopt the little Omega and warn them of the Beta heading their way.

--Zayne's POV--

I found it strange to find comfort with Marcus, that my own wolf told me to seek him out. Even my highly sensitive instincts, that screamed danger every time I spotted an unknown wolf, were soothed with one glance from Marcus or a soothing scratch through my fur.

Currently I was in said wolf's lap as his hand petted me softly and despite a small shiver each time his hand left the tip of my tail only to start again at the top of my head, I was relatively calm.

I was still nervous about the other wolves present though, plus I was still trying my best to trust the wolves in my new pack. My wolf whined each time I jumped or flinched when one of the pack loved on me; as careful and loving as they were, I still expected them to turn on me without batting an eye.

My stomach grumbled loudly, stopping nearby conversations as Marcus chuckled and gently patted my sides while I probably looked very ashamed as I did my best to disappear in the couch.

Wyatt and Sebastian chuckled beside be before Wyatt stood up, carrying the little pup Koda with him. I stared at the duo, watching them before they turned around the corner towards the kitchen. Sebastian was keeping a close eye on me though, those azure eyes thoughtful as he rubbed his chin.

"I wonder..." He murmured, sharing a pointed look with Marcus before he slowly laid his hand down beside us, palm open and inviting. I swallowed heavily, knowing that he wanted me closer to him but wasn't demanding me to.

Slowly, I took a few, hesitant steps with the reminder in the back of my head that this male wolf already had his hands on me and didn't use that opportunity to abuse me. My nostrils widened, nose quivering as I reached closer and inhaled his scent, keeping a watchful eye on the man as his scent registered.

The typical scent of our pack underlined his own powerful fragrance of a high ranking male, Wyatt's own scent wrapped tightly around the warm tones of shaved wood and something earthy.

While I was busy analyzing his scent, I hadn't noticed his other hand was reaching over to pet me until I felt it gently grab my scruff. A choked yelp slipped from my lips as I froze on the spot, my heart quickening until it was pounding away in my chest.

Sebastian smiled reassuringly, using his other hand to support my stomach before he lifted me up from the couch, showing everyone the sweaty little paw-prints I had left behind. He leaned back, pulling me on his chest before cupping my ear in a soothing gesture and rubbed the sensitive skin to calm my nerves.

I didn't calm down though, at least, not completely. My body was still shivering in fear, nose twitching until Sebastian handed me off with a calculated smile. Instantly I relaxed, cuddling closer to the man as I inhaled his calming scent and heard my wolf purr.

When I pried my eyes open, I was met with Marcus' stunned yet joyful expression as he stared down at me with a shaky smile curling his lips upwards. Sebastian chuckled and patted Marcus on the back.

"Congratulations. If I wasn't happily mated myself, I would've been extremely jealous. Then again, I'm sure there are more than enough envious wolves around." The big guy chuckled, eyes roaming the room with amusement.

When I followed his example, I was stunned and shied away from all the attention we were receiving; Everyone was staring at us! A low whine slipped from my throat before I panted happily when I felt a familiar hand rubbing through my fur.

"Let's get something in that little belly of yours, shall we?" Marcus asked before standing with me in his arms. I wanted to say something but the look of awe and amazement in his eyes made me pause before I tilted my head in confusion.

Why is he looking at me like that?

A.N So...anyone in favor of a little something between Mike and Terrance?