Chapter 21 - Getting some answers

---Zayne's POV---

It was odd how everyone kept glancing at me, watching me curiously as I tried to focus on Marcus. He was helping me getting used to my limbs with the aid of Alice, both flexing and stretching my libs as they gently forced them to fold the right way.

Hurts...

Marcus shot me an apologetic look, a hint of pain in his eyes. "I'm sorry Zayne, but we need to do this. You need to learn how to use your body correctly, we need to do this." Alice said when I whimpered softly and weakly tried to tug my hand out of her gentle grip.

I glanced at Marcus and felt a bit better at his reassuring smile before I winced in pain when Alice fully stretched my fingers. Marcus released my leg, only to grab me and pull me closer to him.

My wolf purred in delight as I gladly settled in his warm embrace, closing my eyes tiredly before I let out a lengthy yawn. Who knew you could get so tired by doing nothing at all?

Marcus chuckled along with Alice as my yawn unintentionally ended in a whine, my wolf coming out a bit. "Awe, you're so cute, Human yet still a wolf pup." Alice cooed as she clapped her hands and proceeded to make me blush again.

Averting my eyes, I caught sight of some of the pack huddled together on the far side of the living room, whispering and frowning. My head tilted to the side, curious why they were being so secretive. Logan glanced up from the conversation and grinned up at me, breaking up the conversation.

But now everyone was smiling at me!

I tried to copy their smiles but it felt awkward as hell to try and curl my lips that way. Wolves don't smile; they weren't capable to do so. But I tried anyways and it seemed that they respected my failed attempt because they were grinning back.

Marcus hugged me closer, a low growl rumbling through his chest as his cheek pressed against mine. I didn't understand why he growled but judging by the teasing looks between Logan, Dorian, Dimitri and Brandon, it had something to do with them.

A pair of whimpers drew the attention to the doorway, where Callum stepped inside, two pups in his arms that shivered and whimpered as they stared at the room. Every single wolf was staring at the pups with sadness in their eyes, a familiar look that made me swallow as it clicked.

That's how they looked when I first got here...

Callum gently placed the two pups down, and I wasn't really surprised when the pair huddled together, head to tail so they could both keep an eye on the wolves inside. Clearly they didn't trust anyone in here.

I could faintly hear Dimitri sigh as he rubbed his hand over his short hair. "This is Zayne all over again. I'm starting to get more than pissed off with this so called pack." He snarled venomously before shooting apologetic look towards the pups when they flinched and cowered away.

Licking my dry lips, I turned my head at Marcus, wondering what was going to happen to these kids. The slightly bigger pup flashed his tiny teeth in warning when Dorian shifted and walked a bit closer.

It managed to make everyone chuckle a bit, though sad sighs intertwined with the sound of amusement; its mouth was filled with baby teeth, telling us that they were still children.

Somehow, I wish I could help those two to calm down and accept this pack. Even though I was still uncomfortable around most of the wolves here, I knew that this pack was the best thing that ever happened to me, not to mention for these two kids.

As Marcus gently laid me down in the couch, Terrance stepped inside, glancing around before he cleared his throat. Marcus, Logan and Brandon all looked up before they exchanged glances.