Seven

Whispers and murmurs surrounded the (h/c)-haired girl as she walked through the halls with her head held up. Despite all the rumors and accusations, she continued to remain unbothered as she knew she was not at fault. In fact, she was more pissed at the fact that this controversy would look very ugly on her portfolio. All those years of working her butt off at school, and then this thing gets in the way? Not if she could help it!

'I'll have to put aside the class presidency speech for now,' She thought to herself. 'I'm screwed, anyway, if this issue doesn't get resolved.'

She knew this was his doing! She just knew! Who else hated her guts so much to do a dick move like this? Kunikuzushi!

She kicked open the student council room door, preparing to jab a finger at Kunikuzushi's chest and demand he clear out the accusation when she was, instead, face-to-face with a different student council member.

"Ayaka? What are you doing here?" She narrowed her eyes at the white-haired girl who had a troubled look on her face.

Ayaka's cheeks immediately heat up and she starts waving her hands around frantically. "It's not what you think, I swear! Please believe me, (Y/n)!"

"Y-yeah." Zandik nodded, keeping his head down and instinctively hiding behind his tall pile of papers, "We were simply discussing important matters... Kunikuzushi isn't here, so don't even bother."

"I see." (Y/n) nodded, her eyes drawing over to the pile of papers, "Is this Kunikuzushi's doing again?"

"... Yes," Zandik replied meekly.

"That little—"

"(Y/n), please don't aggravate him even more!" Ayaka protested, grabbing her wrist in the process. "All his items were destroyed in the explosion, so he isn't in the best mood still!"

"Do I look like I care?" (Y/n) snaps. "He obviously set that shit up to frame me! To hell with it! Tell me where he is, right now."

Ayaka and Zandik winced at her reaction, not used to the usually composed (Y/n) being so driven by her own emotions.

Perhaps she really was more affected by the situation than she made it appear. I mean, who wouldn't?

Ayaka and Zandik stared at her in silence, neither of them willing to sell the purple-haired out still.

"Fine then," (Y/n) said bitterly, pushing off Ayaka's grip on her wrist. "I'll find him myself."

She whipped around, ready to storm out of the room when a third person opened the door.

Kunikuzushi stood there with his phone in hand. His eyes went over to (Y/n) and sent her a fierce glare.

"Haven't had enough, have you?" he snarled. "You just burnt down a whole bunch of my personal belongings, you know?"

"The audacity you have," (Y/n) hissed. "Still trying to frame me, huh? What do you get from trying to ruin my life? Satisfaction? Revenge? Or did someone set you up to this?"

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about but you better put that attitude of yours out." Kunikuzushi narrowed his eyes at her. "You really think people are just gonna believe you just because you said so? I don't know what society you think we live in, but we aren't that dumb to start victim blaming."

"He is kind of right, (Y/n)..." Ayaka said softly. "I appreciate you and you're my friend... But until proven otherwise, you're still guilty."

(Y/n) looked at her sharply, opening her mouth to argue but stopping herself before she could spew anything she would regret. She put a hand over her heart and took deep breaths, calming herself down.

"Fine... You're right," she muttered. "I can't really blame you for thinking that, but I still feel hurt that you'd believe him over me." She avoided everyone's gaze before silently making her exit, leaving Ayaka to regret her words.

Ayaka looked to be on the verge of tears as the door closed and all Zandik could do was rub her back in comfort.

Meanwhile, Kunikuzushi acted as if nothing had happened.

"Hand over the signed files, Zandik."

__________

"Where in the world is that darn phone?" The brunette sighed as she scurried through the busy halls, scratching her head as her brown eyes moved from every corner and surface her little device could've gone.

Having been too lazy to bring her whole bag to the restroom, Hu had left her belongings on a bench just outside the restrooms. However, after she had exited the restroom, she found that her phone was missing from her bag.

Hu was a phone addict, to say the least, and she was barely keeping her composure at the loss of her precious baby.

"Little one?! Where are you, little one?!" She called out in panic, catching weird looks from people passing by.

Eventually, she gave up on searching and decided to sit down to clear her mind.

"Let's see.... panicking will do me no good so I have to think of a much better tactic..." She bit her lip. "Threatening the thief maybe? Yeah, that works! I am, after all, the future owner of Wangshung Funeral Parlor—"

The brunette immediately snapped out of her thoughts upon seeing a very suspicious-looking figure scurry away from the scene, a familiar bright red phone laying on the bench next to her.

"HEY!" She jumped to her feet, eyes boring into the back of the hooded figure's head. "GET BACK HERE AND OWN UP TO YOUR CRIME OR ELSE I SWEAR I'LL BURY YOU 12 FEET UNDER!"

But the hooded figure did not even stop for a second, and soon, the figure was too far for her to even chase.

"Hu? Do you have some beef with that guy?" (Y/n) called out, appearing a few feet away from the girl with a slightly distraught look on her face.

"Nah, he kinda just stole my phone, that's all," Hu grumbled, rolling her eyes before turning to her best friend. "Anyway, what happened to you? You look like crap."

(Y/n) opened her mouth to respond, when two dings interrupted her. She pulled out her phone and looked at the home screen. She had received unknown messages from two numbers.