chapter 14

TW:Blood

"what do you mean, Y/N?"
"an old friend used to call me that. I've realised that you call people by their name and where they're from. such as 'fundy from L'manburg' or something. and you always say their name whenever you can,"

I took a deep breath. we both sat on the shard, talking. Charlie suggested it anyways.

"Charlie, where am I from?"
I looked back at him. his lips were slightly parted. I've noticed a lot of different things about him. he talks way different to me then the others. like a normal person.

"I-I'm not sure."
"charlie, did you used to know a girl. she was around four or five when you met her. h/l h/c hair and a white eye? the other eye was e/c?"
"maybe. I just can't remember much. I don't know why."

I got up from hanging my legs over the needle.
"c'mon."
"where are we going."
"you'll see."
I quickly grabbed his hand and went straight to the front gate of Las Nevadas.

"Y/N! slime! where are you guys going!"
Quackity stopped the two of us.
"I'm doing something to make him remember. I should've known from the start. I knew that he was a bit suspicious."

"Y/N. you can't go. Wilbur is still trying to look for you. he has a burger van outside of Las Nevadas."
"fuck."
I mutter under my breath. my hand let go of Charlie and fell back to my side. Charlie went to Quackity's side while I just stood there. my back was turned to them.

"Charlie. tell me something. do you remember when you looked around four. you has white eyes. that white shirt with those hearts. brown hair and slight goop on your head. remember? there was a girl that came one day. you helped her. do you remember?"

he stood silent. like he was thinking of an answer.
"not really."
"hmm. how about Y/N from Hardcore Kingdom? remember when I told you stories about the kingdom?"
"all I remember was a girl, I think."
"good enough."

Quackity just watched, confused. he didn't know what was going on. I turned my heel and went to hug the both of them. this might be the only progress we will have. I guess I would need to press restart on our relationship.

"well, let's start going. I have work, remember?"
Quackity nodded after I pulled away from the hug. Charlie still seemed upset. its going to fine. it has been years since we last met. who knows what those guards did to him.

***

I started to tend the bar again. just with the usual drinks trying to flirt with me again.
"foolish. do you know where Apollo is?"
"yeah. they've been waiting for you. they seem pretty mad. they keep smashing glass bottles and grabbing that knife."
he pointed to the same knife on the counter. why do we even have knifes on the counter? drunks can use them to threaten us.

I picked up the crow and patted their head. I'm so proud my child is already learning to kill people. maybe I could use it against people-

"Quackity! where the fuck are you!"
of course. it was that stupid idiot that had a streak of white hair. why was he even here. my movements led me to hide behind Foolish. he let me since he was informed by me that my family is after me and they are crazy.

Sam knocked on Quackity's door and let Wilbur in. I wonder what they would be doing.

***

a little time passed. Wilbur came out, dragging Tommy with him. i was able to examine his knuckles before he stormed off. Once I saw a red liquid dripping off of them, I told Foolish that I needed to go.

"foolish, I really need to go now. can you handle the bar for a few minutes? I'll be back soon. I promise."
he nodded. I sounded really desperate.

***

Quackity's door was slightly open. I didn't even spend time trying to knock. I just ran in. I was lucky I did that. I saw Quackity kneeling on the ground with blood dripping from his face. Charlie was beside him, trying to comfort him. he didn't know what to do.

"calm down Quackity. its okay. just look at me for a second. I need to see how bad it is. I always bring extra bandages with me."

Charlie helped me get him in his office chair. he also got some tissues that would help me clean the wound.
"you're lucky it's just a broken nose. it's going to be pretty painful for a few days. but if that was Technoblade. Well let's just say you wouldn't be here."
"yeah thanks a lot Y/N."
he said sarcastically.
"you're welcome, boss!"
I said as I continued to clean the wound. Charlie was just trying to comfort Quackity still.

once it was treated, I pulled Quackity up.
"you can't work. go get some rest."
he sighed as I started to drag him to the elevator.

***

"now go to sleep you baby."
surprisingly, I was able to tuck him in after he started to complain. I left the room to be met with Charlie.
"he's going to be okay. just a few days and a few potions. I'll inform Sam to not let anyone into his office. can you clean the blood?"
he just nodded.

we both went to do our jobs and I went back to do my actual work. Foolish seemed worried. I reassured him that Quackity was fine. but he wasn't worried about Quackity right now. for some reason I was bleeding. it was probably just Quackity's blood since he did break his nose.