chapter 16

like always, thank you Real_Dragon23 for the suggestion.

Words:1012

the knock on my door didn't continue. appolo was by my side, trying to cuddle into my lap. I let the small bird do what they wanted. my door was soon opened to reveal a fox looking fellow I try to avoid.

"are you okay, Y/N? I saw you running up here?"
I dried away all of my extra tears. there was no point to cry over something so stupid. quackity was just drunk. he wasn't in his right mind..yeah. that's it!
"I'm fine, fundy. everything is alright. How's big Q doing? and Charlie?"
my head still didn't turn to even look at him.

if it wasn't obvious from my voice, then my face will show that I'm not fine at all. but I still lie to myself. I think it would make me feel better but at the end, it makes me feel worse. yet I still do it.

"they're fine. Charlie is outside and quackity's in his office."
there was an uncomfortable silence after that. the fox person soon left my room. After a while, I slowly got up and started to change out of my uniform. it was quite uncomfortable and I would like to talk to Charlie.

***

after I finished getting changed, I walked out of my room. fundy wasn't lying. the slime man sat on the couch, fiddling with his fingers. I slightly laughed and he his head shot in my direction.
"Y/N from las nevadas. are you okay? After what quackity from Las nevadas do to you?"
"I'm fine Charlie. its okay. you don't need to worry so much about me."

I walked and sat down next to him. he slightly tensed but relaxed not long after.
"Y/N from Las nevadas, can I ask you something?"
I nodded for him to continue.
"can we go on a date tomorrow?"
(😏😫)

a blush flushed on my face. I could practically feel the heat bouncing off if me.
"what?"
"quackity from Las nevadas says that a date is something two people do when they love each other! and I love you!"

he's too pure. quackity is horrible at explaining things properly.
"charlie, that isn't really what a date is. there is more to it. it isn't some kind of hangout thing. usually two people who really like each other, like more then friends, will get into a romantic relationship. in that relationship, they will do the activities such as dates and well...kissing."

he seemed to understand more but was still quite confused.
"Y/N from Las nevadas, what is love?"
I froze for a second. he's been here for how long, thousands of years? and he still doesn't know what love is?

"well, there's different types of love. there is friendship love. that's what I suppose we are. friendship love is when you find a friend very close and you love them in a friendly manner. you love them but wouldn't date them since you don't find an attraction to them. sometimes you would hangout with them and do random stuff.

there is also family love. family is, most of the time, the most important people to you. they are the ones that raise you and help you get through life. there's a special attachment to them since you're so close to them. sometimes without knowing. you wouldn't date them since they're family.
(we don't talk about incest here. we're also keeping pet love into family since they are kinda family. I'm just trying to simply them into the three main categories.)

and finally, there is relationship love. like I explained earlier, they do romantic things like kissing, cuddling, etc. they would also go on dates. dates are similar to hangouts but you have a sextual attraction to them. this means that it would be more romantic and more lovey dovey then a casual hangout."

a satisfied hum came out of Charlie's mouth. he now understood. I hope he does at least.
"then can we hangout tomorrow?"
before I was able to answer, Mr. duck man comes stumbling in. he seemed more drunk then before. a strong stench of whiskey and vodka radiated off him.

I quickly sigh and went to my room. I'm not dealing with his stupid bullshit right now. plus, I'm tired from the crying. I quickly slid into bed since I changed into comfortable clothes beforehand.

***

it was already morning. once again, I was the only one awake. appolo was eating their food and I was cooking for the two boys again. I already packed a little picnic for me and Charlie. appolo will also be there for moral support.

the two boys exited their rooms and sat on the bar stools next to the island. I placed the two plates in front of them and they started eating. I didn't spare quackity a glance. appolo flew up on my arm as I pet their head.

"hey, Y/N..,"
I looked over at Mr. duck man for him to continue since he trailed off.
"sorry about yesterday. I wasn't in my right mind and I was just really drunk. the memories are quite blurry but Charlie said you ran upstairs, crying."
I looked back at Charlie then started petting appolo again.

***

once they were both finished, I picked up their plates and placed them in the sink for me to wash later.
"charlie, are you ready to go?"
"wait, where are you guys going?"
quackity asked right after Charlie nodded.
"were having a picnic. is that a problem?"
I asked him, obviously a bit annoyed. he looked down and mumbled a 'no'.

we both made it downstairs and left quackity alone. it was going ti be a short walk but it was still going to be nice. I would finally get my mind off work and everything. but we would need to be careful about Tommy wandering around and wilbur's van.

there was a small hill outside of Las nevadas. it looked peaceful enough for me and Charlie.