Another One Down...

Chapter Five... Another One Down...

Nathan's POV

I was out on the shop floor, nervously scanning for Lily, when I heard a terrifying scream. I turned and ran back onto the back dock to find Ella, Brian and Cameron all standing in front of a body. I moved to see that the body was Vincent Plummer, the filler. He was pretty quiet... why had the psycho chosen him.

"Is he alright?" I asked.

"No, he's dead," Brian replied quietly.

"Where's the psycho?" I questioned, a tear welling in my eye.

"He ran away," Brian whispered, his voice breaking. "When we all showed up."

"Why?" Ella gasped. "Why is he here?"

"He's taken out two of us," Brian sighed, and I noticed he'd been crying. "Lily's missing... there are only six of us left now."

"Where's Lisa?" I quietly asked.

"In the deli still," Cameron spoke up.

"And Sarah?" I asked.

"She was at the front," Brian sighed. "Come on, guys. We have to all stick together. He's not gonna attack us when there are six of us."

"We should find Lily," I said worriedly.

"We'll find her later, Nath," Brian promised. "For now, we're gonna grab Lisa and Sarah, and we're gonna stick together."

"Fine," I agreed, rolling my eyes.

We reluctantly left Vincent's body on the floor of the back dock. James' body wasn't far away, but he'd awoken and was alive. Brian had tried to call for an ambulance, but the phone lines were down.

Brian led us out into the store and over to the deli. Lisa scurried out from behind the counter to join us, and we moved over to the front of the store. Sarah was still there, buried in her paperwork.

"Sar!" Brian whispered.

"What's up, guys?" she asked. "Why are you all wandering around together?"

"Have you seen Lily?" I blurted out.

"Not for a while..." she replied slowly. "Uh... what's going on?"

"There's a murderer in the store," Brian whispered.

"What?!" Sarah shouted before she realised she'd spoken so loudly.

"We're all sticking together," Ella said softly.

"Where are Vinnie and James?" Sarah asked.

"Vincent's dead," Cameron breathed.

"Oh..." Sarah gasped, sinking to the floor. "No..."

"James was stabbed," Ella sobbed. "And Lil's missing, feared dead."

"Don't say that!" I snapped.

"It's possible, Nathan!" Ella snapped back tearfully.

"Cut it out guys!" Brian shouted. "We need to stick together, and we need to stay alive. But we have to get along, alright?"

"We should leave..." Sarah suggested.

"But what about Lily?" I asked.

"We can't leave, Sar," Brian sighed. "He's planned for us to all die in here."

"Does that mean he's locked us in?" Ella asked in a low voice.

"Probably," Brian frowned.

"What can we do to stop him?" Lisa asked.

"We have to trap him in one of the coolrooms," Brian decided. "And somehow leave him in there until the cops come."

"Who says they're gonna come?" Cameron questioned.

"Once we've trapped him, one of us is gonna have to escape to the roof and call the police," Brian announced.

We all thought about how grim this could get. We'd already lost one, and another was dying. As for Lily... nobody had seen her for a while, so she could be anywhere.

Lisa's POV

This night was hell.

All I wanted to do was get home to my son. It was hard being away from him as it was, but knowing I could possibly die by the end of the night was terrifying to me. There was some sick creep roaming the store, wielding a knife...

Taking lives.

Vincent was already dead. That we knew for sure. James was likely to die. His future was uncertain. But Lily was a mystery. The cheerleader was just a kid, a girl. Still in high school and yet to experience life. And terrifyingly, nobody knew where she was. Was it possible that the psycho had murdered her? Or was she hiding, secretly stored away from the eyes of the killer?

"B, I wanna go home," I stated nervously as we walked around the store. "This is really creeping me out."

"Why don't we split into two groups?" Sarah suggested. "We're not gonna get anywhere moving as one."

"No freaking way!" I gasped. "I'm not moving off with just three of us!"

"I think we should," Nathan said, standing beside me. "Lighten up, Lis. He's not gonna attack a group of three."

"We're gonna split up," Brian said finally. "We're gonna find the killer and trap him, then we're gonna find Lily."

"So what sort of groups are we going in?" I asked sarcastically.

"Cam, Lis and Nath," Brian said grimly. "And Sar, Ella and I. We're gonna search the store. You guys take the back offices and that."

"Okay," Nathan said half-confidently.

The three of us moved off to the offices, but I became scared when Nathan and Cameron both disappeared from my sight.

I turned around and found myself looking into the eyes of a killer.