Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Stepping off my private airplane and digging my work boots into the soft dirt soil on the side of the air strip reminded me why I hated being here.

I was the Prince with no mate. The only one in history to never find his soul mate at the tender age of five. I'm twenty-four years old and still not one clue as to who she is.

I have searched every kingdom, every werewolf pack in the world and still nothing.

She couldn't be a human, could she? No, that would be unacceptable.

I was in my own thoughts and didn't hear a servant come up to me.

"My Prince, your father is waiting for your arrival in his study." Turning to look at one of the many servants that follow me on my business trips I ignore his words. I could care less if my father wanted to speak to me.

In less than two months I would be crowned King of all the werewolves. No one would be able to tell me what to do. I would be able to command the royal guard without being asked one question from my father.

More importantly I would be able to send out troops to gather all the woman who aren't mated to their true mate and bring them back here. From there I will be able to find my mate once and for all.

It is abnormal for a she-wolf to be un-mated at the age of twenty-four; that is if she is the same age as me.

For our kind, normal wolves usually find their other halves between the ages of ten and eighteen. If you haven't by the time you graduated from werewolf school, then you are sent to every pack in the world. That said male or female will spend at the most three days visiting a pack. If the male finds his mate, then they will travel back to his pack. If it's a female, then she will stay where she found her mate.

There are times when a werewolf doesn't find their mate. It's either because they are human or have passed on to another world.

I have been the unlucky one to not find my mate. The question that many have asked, is what if she has already mated? I would know if she had. The pain would be unbearable. On the plus side, she would be in pain as well. Her screams would notify her alpha that her mate was attempting to complete the mating bond.

I have actually tried to complete it a multiple of times. Afterwards sending out notices to every Alpha worldwide, asking if a female was going through the pain. Not one answered back with a yes.

"I'm sorry Sir, but your father is demanding your request immediately," the same servant squeaked out. The damn foul was scared of me; as he should be.

I was not someone you wanted to infuriate.

"Tell the bastard, I'm on my way." I didn't care if I made my father wait.

It's not like he cared about me anyways. Always sending me out of the kingdom to do his business. Checking up on the Alpha's to make sure they were following my fathers and the kingdom's laws.

For all I knew, he was training my younger brother Nathan to become King. He has actually found his mate; April. She is now caring their third child, this one is a girl. They already had two boys.

Whereas I didn't even have my mate. How fair is that?

It's not, dammit!

Sure Nate and I get along, but until that crown is set perfectly on my head, I have to watch my back. We are both the type of men to destroy each other's lives and I won't let him do that to me months before everything becomes mine.

Taking the path to the Castle I think over why I went on this last trip; to find my mate. I'm allowed to be crowned, but within two years I have to find my soul mate. Not one that wants to be, but that one woman who was made for me; to serve me and my needs. The one woman that will do everything I say and won't talk back. I've been looking for her since I turned five; not like I could do much, but I was aware that I should have found her by then.