Burning house

This is a short one but I was laying in bed listening to this song and this idea popped into my head :)

Ellie is readers girlfriend

Reader has a nightmare and Ellie comforts them

TW: Nightmares, fire, anxiety

The smoke filled my lungs as the flames surrounded me. I was trapped. I looked around, frantically searching for Ellie. The flames grew with every second that passed.

"ELLIE" I screamed but it felt like my head was underwater. She came crawling over and wrapped her arms around me.

"Ellie there's no way out." We both took a second and looked around, before the realization hit us; we were going to die in here.

I felt her hands slowly slip off of me before hearing a thud. "NO ELLIE WAKE UP". I shook her so hard that her organs were probably rearranged, but there was no response. I felt my eyes grow heavy and my lungs filled with more smoke than air. I lost all of my strength and lay down beside her, wrapping us together as if we were only going to sleep at night, and in the morning she would wake me up by attacking me with kisses.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Ellie" I said as I closed my eyes, a single tear slipping out.

I felt a hand lightly slapping my face, and I heard her voice.

I jolted awake, immediately sitting up. Ellie's arms wrapped around me as I surveyed the room, searching for the flames that once engulfed us.

"Hey it's okay. It was only a dream. It wasn't real, you're alright." And with that being said, I broke down sobbing. Ellie was quick to hold me, whispering soothing words in my ear as I shook violently, but soon enough I started to calm down.

"Tell me what happened baby."

I took a deep breath. "I had a dream about a burning house," I stopped to compose myself, closing my eyes seeing the flames so vividly. "It's okay. Take your time".

"You were stuck inside, I couldn't get you out. I laid beside you and pulled you close. And the two of us went up in smoke." Tears started falling again, putting out the fire I saw every time I closed my eyes.

"It wasn't real. I'm right here." She moved us so that my ear was pressed against her chest. "Can you hear my heartbeat?" I nodded, calming down.

"I'm so scared. What if I fall back asleep and have the dream again?"

"I'll stay here with you, until this dream is gone."

And with that, I fell back asleep. But this time, I slept peacefully, still wrapped in Ellie's arms.

//The ending sucks but I didn't know how to end it