Chapter 10 ∘ Eternal Love

Song to the side, Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars.

I hope you all enjoy!

Ariel

Recap

•I pressed down on the gas pedal even more, obviously, exceeding way past the speed limit as i rushed through the woods' road.

Aries and i were both speeding to BloodFang territories.

It was only a matter of, who got there first.•

~

After a long way of seeing Aries' wolf try to gain on me, i sped up even more until i lost him. My heart ached at the sight of him. I felt bad. I felt like a criminal. On my way, i heard him howl in pain and hurt a few times. It hurt me to do this, but it had to be done.

He was crazy obsessed with me, and i wasn't even his mate!

I was about fifteen minutes away from home.

I was almost there.

I anxiously sped up a bit more.

Ariel! Where are you? I'm waiting for you at the border. Should i come get you? Michael's voice rung in my head, making my eyes glaze over so that i couldn't see the road clearly.

No, Michael, it's fine, i'm driving my way home. I said via mind-link.

As soon as my eyes returned to normal, i saw a big black wolf standing in my way, his eyes watching me with hurt and distress.

I screamed and stepped on the brakes but i was going too fast, and he was too near.

I rammed into him sending him flying a small distance back as he landed on the floor with a loud thud as a wail escaped his lips. If i was driving at a normal speed, he would've healed and gotten right back up, but i wasn't.

The car's front got slightly indented.

I stared at his fallen body, as the blood drained from my body.

I stepped out if the car hastily as i sprinted towards his wolf.

I crouched down by his side tears pouring from my eyes. He was badly injured, he was breathing deeply, in and out. His eyes made contact with my own, as a whimper escaped his lips, before fluttering shut. I searched him for wounds, and his body had none, but his head. His head was bleeding. He must have cracked his skull slightly when he hit the ground.

Suddenly, a shooting pain throbbed in my neck but i ignored it the best i can.

I shook my head in denial, "Aries..." i whispered, stroking his fur and trying to get him off the road, "No, no, no, no, no..." i kept chanting, as i used all my strength to carry only his upper body.

He was too heavy for me to carry, but i still tried.

I slung my arm under his forefeet, as his head slumped onto my shoulder.

The rest of his body was dragging on the floor as i pulled him with me towards the car.

In wolf form he was heavier than me and taller than me.

Let's face it. He's taller & heavier than me in human form even.

I opened the back door of the car, before placing his body inside, gently.

I got into the passenger seat, and drove home, fast.

I had to get him to our pack doctor.

As soon as possible, before it was too late.