Chapter 4- You're Mate?

Drake POV

"I Drake Xavier Gonzales reject you Anabel Marie Castillo as my mate."

The she-wolf slumped to the ground, clutching her hand to her chest, whimpering softly, "No! please don't do this! I promise that I will be a good mate." the she- wolf looked up at me with pleading eyes but I did not feel a damn thing for her, I knew that my mate would be Marina and nobody else, not even my true fated mate, would suffice.

Marina was the former Gamma's mate. She thinks he was killed in a rogue attack, but the truth is, I killed him. She was mine, I've known Marina since we were pups and we even dated for a while but she never let me have sex with her, some bullshit about waiting for her true mate.

When I turned eighteen, I was so sure she would be my fated mate, but no, and when she turned eighteen a year later, she realized it too and broke up with me. I was beyond angry about that, but still I swallowed my pride hoping that I could woo her into accepting me as her chosen mate, but no, once again the moon goddess spat in my face by having her meet her fated mate later on that day when the future Gamma came home with the future Alpha from a trip abroad where he met his fated mate.

After the Gamma died, the Alpha held a tournament to find someone worthy of taking over the current Gamma position.

I, of course, made damn sure that it was going to be me, as the Gamma of this pack and Marina, my chosen mate.

She was too depressed to even think about moving on and, to make matters even worse, I found out she was pregnant a week later after I killed the bastard of her mate.

No worries though, I could be patient enough and as soon as she was ready to move on, I would be there to make her mine, but that whelp of a daughter of hers was not going to be mine because I refused to accept and raise a wolf that isn't my blood, so I had plans for her, who knows? an accident, or she just goes missing without a trace one day but that day hasn't come.

That bitch of a she-wolf has refused me time and time again and it's been three years since she lost her mate! My patience is wearing thin but she will be mine one way or another.

I was planning on asking for her father's and mother's blessing and asking them to help me convince Marina to accept me.

I was the Gamma for crying out loud, she should be kissing the ground I walked on and, that fact that I wanted her over other high-ranking she-wolves should speak volumes on my kindness for even considering taking her on as a mate.

"Just accept the rejection, you will make it easier for the both of us because I will not be changing my mind like ever." I told the she-wolf, who was still on the ground clutching her chest.

"I was a virgin, I saved myself for you and you used me!" she pointed at me, blaming me with puffy eyes and tears-streaked cheeks.

"Look here, Sweets, I did not rape you. You gave yourself to me willingly. I never promised you the moon or the stars. You made that assumption of happily ever after all on your own and, let's face it, taking your virginity while you just laid there like a dead fish isn't my idea of fun, so just accept the rejection and go back to your pack."

"Why are you so cruel? All I ever wanted was someone to love and call my own, a mate who would love me unconditionally, protect me, and cherish me always." her whimpering and sniffles were starting to really bother me.

"Tough luck sweets like I said, I never promised you forever. You got a problem with your situation, then take it up with the moon Goddess. Now hurry up and accept, I don't got all day!"

"I....I Anabel Marie Castillo...accept your rejection." she hesitantly blurted out and I felt that cord from the mate bond snap.

I made my way back to the main pack house and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I could already see a few pairs of fated mates finding each other and people rejoicing and clapping for them.