Eisara week - Day 4: Healing | Wings | Impermanence

in case you don't know what impermanence means it means the opposite of permanent in a very fancy way

Sara remembered the day that she off from that cliff very clearly. The pain she experienced, the sorrow of how she couldn't protect her home. It often bothered her every time her wings spread. Little scars left on them would never disappear. One day, she decided that she would visit her old home one more time. She had the skills, the power to defend and protect now. Ei, her lover, insisted on coming with her. 

- Forgive me, but I don't want you getting hurt too.

- So you're saying you will get hurt? I'm coming with you!

- But Ei-

- No buts. It's either me coming with you or you staying.

- Fine.

Sara mumbled. Sara, and Ei, went to Sara's old home. Which was on top of a mountain. Sara locked her strong arms around Ei's waist and spread her wings. She launched herself up in the sky, and Ei was just whimpering from the height. When they arrived, Sara was hit with massive nostalgia. 

- It's so nice up here. We should come here often!

Ei suggested, gripping Sara's hand. As Sara walked around her old home, she recognized some of her old animal friends. They seemed to recognize her too, with her wings spread. 

- Oh look! What a cute bird!

A bird landed on Ei's shoulder and chirped. Ei planted a kiss on it, but before she could, it flew away.

- Aw.

- Ei! Watch out!

Sara lunged at Ei, wrapping her wings around herself and her lover as a hilichurl attacked. Her wings got burned as the hilichurl was holding a torch. Sara fought the pain, and drew her bow.

- Sara! You can't! Let me-

- No, I have to defend this place. I failed once, and I can't fail again.

Sara charged, and defeated a whole camp of hilichurls by herself. And of course, there were reinforcements. But by the time Sara already cleared the camp, she was already on the verge of passing out due to the pain in her wings. But Sara paid no attention to it. She was about to attack again, but she collapsed. 

- Sara!

Ei rushed to her aid. 

- D-defend...M-must defend!

Sara weakly mumbled before blacking out. Once she was awake, she saw Ei with her sword, Musou no Hitotachi, unsheathed. She was standing in the middle of many piles of ash.

- Ei?

- Oh! Sara! You're awake!

- What happened?

- Don't worry. I defeated the enemies already. We are safe, and so is this place.

- Thank you, Ei.

Ei smiled warmly, and planted a kiss on Sara's lips. 

- But with my wings damaged, how are we going to get back down?

- Darling, I am the Electro Archon for a reason.

Ei carried Sara in her arms and Electro surrounded them, and out of nowhere, a lightning bolt hit them. When Sara realized what just happened, she realized they were back in Inazuma. 

- Lay down, I'll heal you. Somehow.

Ei mumbled the last part. She took a towel and wet it, and she placed it on the burn marks on Sara's wings. They twitched and was about to close, when Ei held them open. 

- I know it hurts, but this will help you heal faster. Just relax, I'm here.

Ei comforted Sara as Ei continued to treat the burn marks. When she was done, Ei released Sara's wings, and they disappeared. Ei then continued to treat Sara herself, wrapping bandages around her injured places. 

- Do you feel better?

- Yes, thank you.

- Anytime.

Ei kissed Sara, and for a while, Sara felt that warm feeling she always felt around Ei. Love.