CHAPTER 6

"Isn't it wonderful!" Said Sirius, arriving at my desk to start the potions project.

I signed, already tired of his bullshit. "What is?"

"Well to be partnered together of course, love!" He said, putting his arm on my shoulder.

"Right." I said brushing off his arm.

We didn't really talk about the night of the party. We already came back to disliking each other. Well, I mean, I did. Sirius seems to be even more of a flirt with me.

"So, today is the day, we are starting the project!" Said professor Slughorn enthusiastically.

The class was filled with groans and signs. Some were happy though, not much.

"Now now stop whining I am sure all of you will form great friendships throughout this project." Said Slughorn.

"Great friendships my ass." Said James with an eye roll, Severus beside him.

"Mister Potter please." Said Slughorn. "Now I shall not make you wait any longer, you can start now."

I opened my book and searched for the Veritaserum potion. I was looking through the pages when I saw that Sirius didn't even pull out his, balancing on his chair, arms crossed.

I looked at him. "And what do you think you're doing Black?" I said.

"Absolutely nothing, dear." He said.

I was starting to get angry. "That's the problem, you should be helping me." I said.

He put his arms behind his head and closed his eyes. "Yeah sure."

"Black!" I scolded him.

He didn't do anything about it.

And then I saw that the chair's legs. I kicked them. BAM!

Silence filled the classroom and when they realized Sirius fell they all began to laugh.

I looked down at him with a smirk.

He signed while looking up at me, still on the floor.

"For the third time y/n, please stop pushing me off of everything yea?" He said, mentioning the morning where I pushed him two times off of the bed and the couch.

"Yea, no. I don't think I will. Now get up and help me." I said drawing my attention back on the book.

He signed again and got up, replacing the chair and sitting on it, now finally starting to help me.

The rest of the class was filled with complains coming from James and Sirius not helping much, but still helping.

Time skip to dinner.

I was sat with the girls for dinner. We always ate together for that meal. It kind of became a tradition since first year I don't know why.

"So how's it going with James, Lils? Everything good?" I asked, my mouth filled with mashed potatoes.

She glared at me a little bit. She didn't like when I speak when my mouth is full. "You're just like your brother, eating like a pig." She said playfully.

"Hey!" I said, my mouth still full.

She rolled her eyes smiling. "To answer your question, everything is more than good actually. He's just so kind to me, loyal, funny, we have great conversations and I feel like I could tell him everything. The way he is all excited when he talks about something he loves is so cute!" She said with loving eyes.

What she said made me think. I never felt that way about someone. I wonder how it feels. I mean I've been on dates and I've dated a lot of people but no one really made me feel like Lily feels. Well, Mary was the one I loved the most. But there was still something missing I don't know.

My thoughts were interrupted by Marlene. "Woaw, didn't know you were that sort of girl to fall that hard." She said.

Lily's cheeks were red. "I didn't." She said shyly. I never saw Lily flustered like that. "Anyway, let's stop talking about me yea? I don't like being the center of attention." That's true. Once, I was having an argument with her and people were staring to gather around to look what was happening. When she noticed, she literally left while we were arguing, leaving me standing there like an idiot. "So you girls have anyone in your lives?"

Mary looked away with a little smile.

I noticed.

"Mary...?" Dorcas said, with a teasing tone, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I may or may not be seeing someone." She said.

Everyone was cheering and being happy for her. I was happy for her of course so I cheered along with them. But I couldn't help but be a little sad. So she really moved on did she?

I did move on too. I told myself. Then why am I sad about it? I thought.

"Don't you know her y/n?" Marlene asked. Interrupting my thoughts once more.

I looked at her with confused eyes. "I'm sorry who?" I asked.

"Well didn't you listen? Mary's girlfriend. Ingrid Meyer." Marlene said.

"Shut up she's not my girlfriend." Said Mary, embarrassed and looking at me to see if I was emotionally okay with the situation.

I wasn't.

But I was not going to let her see that. I didn't want to ruin her happiness. So I smiled and answered Marlene's question.

"Yea we have transfiguration together. So how did you two meet?" I asked, keeping my smile.

She smiled too, relieved that I wasn't sad about it. I mean that's what she thought. "So it all started the night of the party, last week..."

I could see the sprinkles in her eyes as she was telling us about her the girl. Then I understood. It didn't matter if it wasn't me she was talking about. All I cared about was her happiness and nothing else.

I moved on.

A/n

So...

It's been a while since I updated I'm sorry. But yea.

Yes I know it is a Sirius love story and not a Mary one but I had to be a bit dramatic that's all.

Have a good day/night,
Ames <3

987 words