Chapter 18

"How many days has it been since we left Sunchel?" Shinso asked.

"Uh... about three days..." Deku said.

"I didn't think she was going to keep going strong..." Kirishima sighed.

As I had said, though they didn't understand, I wasn't going to speak to them in a language they understood.

"I thought she was speaking gibberish but some of her words repeat, so it's got to be an actual language..." Bakugo said resting his cheek on his hand with a glare. I glared at him and turned away. "Are you ever going to talk normally?"

I felt a vein pop out and I slowly turned my head with a smile. "រងតគ រឍឆផទ ចឈឆ យគដម មឈឃយដធធច? ងតជឋ ជឋ យច មដ
ជពគ ធដមណឆដណគ ចឈឆ ថគឃទ!"

His eyes widened with an expression of contempt. "I might not know what the fuck you're saying, but I have a feeling you insulted me."

I obviously had to add to his comment. He might not understand me but saying it might make me feel better. "រផឈយញដឃគឌ ងឈ ខតដង ចឈឆ ឋដច ងឈ ឈងតគឃឋ ខដឋ ភគជមណ មជផគ."

You know I've been wondering why a dragon isn't in the sky..." Shinso said.

Kirishima drooped. "My wing was hit with a large fireball."

Deku expresses his worry. "Was Y/n not able to treat it?" I shook my head.

"If she did while I was in my dragon form then I wouldn't be able to switch back. It would be quicker but we need to move. I can feel it's almost healed, now it's just a bit sore."

I smiled. He should be getting back to flying soon then.

Yet I was disappointed that he healed so quickly. I don't want to see her.

No... Him getting injured gave you time to prepare yourself.

As much as I don't want to be stuck in the past, I'm just reliving the past in the future. I want to be happy, but the future scares me.

"Y/n?" Bakugo barked. My breath hitched. He looked annoyed. "One minute you're angry the next you're a depressed squirrel..."

"S-squirrel?!" His metaphor caught me off guard. I was flustered. Squirrels aren't the cutest but they're pretty adorable. Was he comparing me to one?

He began to laugh then rested his cheek on his hand with a smirk. His gaze was one of caring. Why did I find him attractive right now? Well, it's thanks to that face of his... Just imagine him as a blond bush!

A thunder erupted and we all skitter to the front of the wagon. "Oh sorry!" Deku cried. He accidentally stepped on my dress.

"It's fine," I waved. I guess there's no point in continuing to speak in Ikathi.

In front of us were heavy grey clouds leading thunder our way.

We all knew we couldn't just go through the storm. The horses would be frightened. Wouldn't want to get stuck somewhere...

"There's an opening to some mountains behind us. Maybe we can find a cave?" Kirishima looked to Bakugo asking for approval.

He nodded. He was obviously pissed, but we had no choice. "Turn it around, Kirishima."