Ch 7: The 5th Golden Ticket

Ivy was dressed in her uniform, ready for her last day of work

Ivy was dressed in her uniform, ready for her last day of work. But Charlie didn't know that. He knew something was wrong, judging by the sad grin on her face, but he didn't want to push her into telling him anything she didn't want to. The two of them stood in front of the cafe, but before Charlie could part for school, Ivy stopped him.

"I have something for you, Charlie. " Ivy smiled at him. "It's from Hannah." She pulled out the Wonka bar. Charlie's eyes lit up as he took it. He opened it up, but like last time, this bar had no golden ticket. Ivy's smile dropped. "Oh, I'm sorry, Charlie."

"It's alright, Ivy." Charlie assured her. "I have the chocolate at least." He split the bar into two, and gave one half to his sister.

"Thank you, Charlie." Ivy said as she took the chocolate. "And I think I have a little extra saved up. We'll walk over to the candy shop after school and have one more go at it?"

Charlie nodded. "I'd like that, Ivy." The two siblings hugged each other, before Charlie made his way off to school.

Ivy entered the shop, immediately being greeted by Mrs. Robbins. "Hello, dear. Any luck finding a ticket?"

"Not yet." Ivy answered. She went behind the counter as she ate the piece of chocolate Charlie offered her. She even broke off a piece, and gave it to Mrs Robbins. "But, I have enough to buy Charlie a bar after school. Maybe his luck still has yet to come."

🍫

Ivy was serving a costumer and something caught her attention and it was on the newspaper that the costumer was reading. "Excuse me, sir? Can I see that paper for a second?"

"Sure, go ahead." The costumer hands the newspaper.

"Thank you." Ivy looked at the paper.
Wonka's Final Golden Ticket. Found in Russia.

Ivy could feel her heart break into a million little pieces. What was she going to tell Charlie? She promised that she would find him a golden ticket. And now that promise was broken.

"Ma'am are you okay?" The same costumer asked her.

"I'm sorry but I'm not." Ivy said. "It's about the tickets, I wanted my brother to get the last ticket and now I lied to him and I feel so guilty." Ivy said confessing to a stranger which she has done before. "Oh, you wanted a biscuit right?" She went to the kitchen and grabs the man's biscuit that was a plate and gave him the biscuit but when she got back, the costumer had some money in his hand and she was astonished by the $10 bill the man gave her. "What is this, sir?"

"The world right now needs some happiness and seeing your bright smile on your face can make my day." The costumer said and that made Ivy smile brightly. "Give your brother something to smile about."

"Thank you, sir. That made me feel a lot better today." Ivy said and walked away with her tip in her jean pocket.

🍫