Chapter 6- sofia

❀

I'm 2 tables away from finishing work for the night Noah's mom is at the counter serving people her famous brownies and noah is babysitting my siblings until I'm back from work I finish cleaning up the tables and drop the cloth and sit back on a chair I'm so exhausted I'm tempted to fall asleep right then and there but Noah's mom comes up and tells me how well I've done for another good days of work. I love Katie she has always been like a mother figure to me and she has been so supportive and I'm so grateful to everything she has done for me she pats my head like she did when we were little kids and slides into the chair opposite me. Her eyes are sincere and she says with a sigh " sofia do you know where I learned to cut hair from I'm no hairdresser?"

I never even thought about how well she cut my hair with no experience.

" I also went through what you went through for 17 years of my life I had to cut my siblings hair and plaster there legs up when they bled and I had to go through it all alone I wasn't lucky enough to have a noah" she states her eyes are so empathetic as a tear glides down her cheek " I understand how hard this is for you but I promise it gets better look how my life turned out , I'm here for you I always will be" she says and this time I'm crying

She shows me her scar she has on her arm. I feel so angry that she had to go through this but I somehow  feel less alone  sometimes i feel like my situation defines who i am and that im not capable of being or doing anything more knwoing her story and how acomplished she is gives me hope i havent felt that in a long time .her scar has stars around that she got tattooed when she was younger she said she wanted to show that we all have scars they might be visible made of flesh and bone and for everyone to see the battle you thought or they could be hidden and people keep on creating them cuttin gyou peice by piece  because they dont see the damgage they have caused , either way we have all been through journeys and we should show how united we are instead of shying away and pretending we're Perfect. if she didnt tell me her story i wouldnt of known her scars were invisible too we are more alike than i thought there is probably alot i dont truly know about people but i know she will always be there for me i should do the same.

We talk about how uncertain I am for my future I have no idea what I want to do with my life I've spent my entire life in fear too scared to try and fix and change my life. I tell her about the contest that she smiled at I thought she would feel betrayed she and i both know who she thinks im destined for but a twinkle appeared in her eye like she knew something I didn't I asked her why she never told me this before and how thankful I am for her being a mother figure in my life " love is putting someone else's needs before your own " she whispered her hands on mine reminding me that's what she was here for. We locked up the café and walked back to her house where noah , eloise and Oscar were all asleep on the couch watching again frozen. I told him he would like it. Noah's mum Katie waved me goodbye and shook noah too wake him up and remind him he had school in the morning I grabbed eloise and Oscar to try and not wake them and put them in bed Eloise woke up and whispered " I like your hair sofia you look like a princess I hope one day I can look like you" she falls back into her pillow and falls asleep instantly Noah's head appears round the door " I agree with that not that I want to have long hair but with the fact you look very pretty" he smiled awkwardly he turned away and went back to his house I sat on my bed getting ready to fall asleep when a notification appears on my phone similarly Noah's phone pings as he leaves my window he dismisses it and his mum meets him at the window and gives him a tight hug. I read the notification . It's from love at first sight. I got accepted. They found me a soulmate. I feel slightly sad but I get over it and remind myself that I'm in the running for 100.00 dollars. This is my chance. I can change my life forever. I turn my phone off deciding I can read through the details tomorrow and fall asleep smiling for the first time in a while my heart less heavy and swollen and the hole that was formed slowly closing maybe there is hope after all.