Chapter 5-Noah

❀

There is so many thoughts racing through my mind and I hope they are all wrong, Sofia messaged me telling me to come over quickly I knew this meant it was an emergency I knew it meant she was in trouble but when the message came through I paced around my room I should've hurried over straight away no matter what but I have no idea what could of happened and I'm too apprehensive to find out .my heart felt like explosions as It beat against my chest it skipped a few beats as I tried to steady my breathing I called down stairs and shouted I was going to Sofia's I didn't want them to worry so I just said I was going to help her with her homework. A lie. when I climbed across the tree and through her window she wasn't in her bedroom it was empty besides pieces of her hair spread across the floor I let out a gasp her hair is so important to her its what makes her sofia its like seeing her soul shredded to pieces I wander into Eloise and Oscars room they were sleeping quietly and then I check on Sofia in the bathroom. She looks so upset. More than upset. her mascara is streaked down her face. the pain in her eyes makes my eyes sting in agony seeing her upset breaks me to pieces and her hair is cut unevenly just above her shoulders she looks at me and bursts into sobs and puts her arms around me tightly. Atleast she is safe I remind myself. Im so angry im more than angry Im so angry I cant come up with another synonym for the word angry.

" they did this to you didn't they. Im going to kill them when they get back I swear if they hurt you again." I could feel my voice getting louder so I whisper "im so sorry sofia" she looks away as a cry escapes her eyes I knew she was trying to hold back. I pull her in for another hug and ask my mum to bring over her homemade cookies and we watch frozen on the couch while my mum cuts her hair so it doesn't look so uneven and till it looks like it was cut on purpose. When my mum leaves, we sit on the couch quietly. Frozen was her comfort movie I never knew why till I watch it for the first time which was today.

" noah." she says quietly. " do you really think I can do this anymore it just seems to be getting worst"

And just as she said the tv spoke "i believe in you Elsa. More than anyone or anything" it was as though she spoke to her through the screen. now I understood why she loved this movie and I decided that I did to.
"what she said" I agree

She laughs for the first time tonight I nudge her with my elbow ask her if she wants the last cookie and she grabs it and splits it in half one half for me one half for her like we are one soul split apart because when we are together, I feel like myself more than anything. " your hair looks even more beautiful if that could even be possible" I say to her not that she needs me to feed her ego

"thankyou noah thankyou for everything your mom your dad you everything you have done for me. And im sorry you have given me so much I cant even comprehend why-'' she says

I cut her off " some people are worth melting for and you are one of them I will do anything for you Sofia" I look into her eyes to show her I mean every word and as a promise ,for her to keep close to her heart. I will never leave her and I'm suddenly secretly jealous that someone else will get to love her more than I do if that's possible but she deserves it even if it's not me. She moves closer to me and we watch the movie her siblings come to join us on the coach nd snuggle in the middle and this moment seems perfect I wish there was an invisible camera man who could take photos at moments like this but luckily for me I have a wonderful mom who comes in to take photos at times like these "say cheese" she says as she looks at us like this if the family she wishes she had and she is so grateful that I get to experience this.