Music-Music Viral Videos, Troll Bands, Dance Crazes, and Music Fans

Adrian's 14th Birthday Special!

So, in today's musical market, there are many things happening, including new and exciting genres of music. We have lost many artists along the way that have impacted us with musical dreams and the power of freedom. And yet, we call some of these next bands.....well bands. 

First on the chopping block of musical rants is what I call a "Music Viral Video" Let me explain. Some prime examples are Rebbecca Black and Double Take. These people are only discovered because today's youth is so interested in things like these songs and bands. Most of the time, its viral videos/songs like Friday and Hot Problems, that kids of this generation like in order to feel good about themselves. If you're wondering what i'm talking about, well, its simple. The thing is, with a viral video, you are usually greeted by you're friend to watch it, in turn, you watch it and pass it along as well. Then, before you can even get a comment in the comment box, the video has over one million views. People like Rebbecca Black, and Double Take (Hot Problems maker) is that they actually made these songs for real to entertain the world. In turn however, it simply just took a different direction. Almost everyone saw it as a joke, when really, it turned out differently. But, in the end, bad or good, its still a shitty pop song. The lyrics are meaningless and so is the video that goes along with it.

Next, we have "Troll Bands", in other terms, a band that is merely a joke, or seems like it. The only one I feel like talking about is LMFAO, a "band" consisting of DJ Red Foo and his nephew DJ Sky Blue, whose "music" is consisting of repetitive beats, meaningless lyrics, and usually an annoying dance to go with it. The only problem with it is that we count this as music! Its simply meaningless shit thrown together by either the band or someone else. Look, the point is, its complete garbage. 

First, some lyrics from "Sexy and I Know It"

When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly

I pay to the beat, walking on the street in my new lafreak, yeah

This is how I roll, animal print, pants outta control,

It's Redfoo with the big ass fro

And like Bruce Lee, Rock at the club.

Okay, so, correct me if I'm wrong, but did they just skip English class or what? Or is this just proof we have intelligent life from another planet here? Scratch that, should just be from another planet. But, none of these lyrics make any sort of logical sense! I have no f***king idea how you pay a beat, or what a lafreak is. Frankly, I don't want to know. Somehow, they are like Bruce Lee, legendary martial artist, that can rock at the club. In my perspective, you're not even rock. You're just shitty dance pop that will not even be remembered. 

How about "Party Rock Anthem", like this will be any better.

I'm running through these hoes like Drano

I got that devilish flow rock and roll no halo

We party rock yea! that's the crew that I'm repping

On a rise to the top no Led in our Zeppelin

Hey!

And again, I was most certainly wrong. First line is just an awful simile that just is kind of hard to understand. If you understand the line, then you will know hes talking about driving through some sluts at the club faster than he can count. And please stop referring to yourself as rock, because no matter how much you say it, you will never be rock. Your rise to the top was "sadly" over by the end of last September. That last line, well, you can go f**k yourself. Don't ever reference possibly one of the greatest bands in history in your shitty club song.