Chapter 10

Annabeth

Meet me outside in ten

I looked down at Percy's message. A minute later, I got another one.

Bring a swimsuit

I was confused. Why, I typed.

Secret hideout

That left me even more confused. I shrugged it off and searched for a swimsuit.

I only had one swimsuit. It was a red bikini I'd gotten when I was about sixteen. I'd grown a bit since then, and I rarely used it because of my scars. But Percy didn't mind my scars. I grabbed a black cover up dress and a few cereal bars. My old friend Katie Gardner told me to always carry around cereal. Always.

When I headed out, I spotted Percy across the street in blue swim trunks and a black hoodie. I met him as he walked over.

"I didn't know you had something colorful in your wardrobe," I teased.

"Oh, here's another fact about me. I love the color blue. Get it? Sea blue?"

"Yeah I get it, Percy," I giggled. And I never giggled.

We walked to school, laughing about stupid things on the way. I had a sweatshirt on top of my black dress so my scars wouldn't show. Percy was carrying a picnic basket. No point in the cereal bars, I guess. When we got there, the place was deserted. Percy led me to a backdoor, which opened to a huge, empty pool.

"This is my secret hideout," Percy explained. He took off his shirt, revealing not self harm scars, bruises. He was pretty in shape, but what caught my attention was the large scar. It stretched all the way across his muscled back. Probably from his step dad's abuse.

I slowly slipped off my sweatshirt while Percy set down the picnic basket. My scars were now visible. Then, I pealed off my dress. My body was okay, because I used to run track. I stopped after I moved here. I still went running occasionally. My bikini was just a bit too small for me, making my figure show. Percy stared at if for a second before pealing his eyes away.

"Jump in, Wise Girl," Percy said before diving into the pool. I could see his jet black hair through the crystal clear water.

I junped in after him. Water enveloped me with a cold welcome. I slowly opened my eyes to see Percy in front of me. His hair was flying around him, sticking up in every direction. It was one of the few times I saw him genuinely happy.

Percy

I loved the school pool after hours. And being here with Annabeth was better. Her blonde hair flew around her face. Her cheeks were round from holding her breath, and her skin looked like it was glowing. She was beautiful. Why did she have to cut?

We both resurfaced to catch a breath. My hair was a mess, but for some reason, her's still had some life, and were as curly as always.

We swam for another hour before climbing out to dry off. Annabeth slipped into her cover and I threw on my shirt.

"I owe you," I said, holding up the picnic basket. Annabeth laughed.

"Yeah you do," she teased.

We walked out to school property, where picnic tables littered the place. We settled for one under a large tree to give us shade. I pulled out two sodas and sandwiches my mom made. Mainly because my mom was a much better chef than me.

After eating, Annabeth and I just walked. We were walking the direction of our homes, but neither of us were planning to go there.

Annabeth's phone rang. "Hello?"

Someone on the other end yelled at her, and she shut her phone off.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Percy, it's my step mom. I need to get home but," Annabeth stopped.

She turned so she was directly facing me, and gave me a kiss... on the cheek. She and I were both heavily blushing like ten-year-olds. Annabeth slowly turned and walked away, looking back only once.

The whole time, I stood there dumbstruck.

(A\N)

Wow I write sorta short chappies. Im trying to write longer ones.

SO. One of you guys thought I should start a rant book. I think I might, but idk if ppl would even read it. Do you guys think I should?