Chapter 9

Percy

I woke up with a stiff feeling in my back. My eyes took a while to adjust to the sunlight hitting my face. If I was correct, it was early morning. I was surrounded by tall trees. My hand moved and I felt Annabeth's leg next to me.

I quickly moved my hand away and realised her bare arm. I could see her scars, and the conversation we had last night came rushing back to me. She and I weren't as different as I thought. Annabeth mumbled in her sleep, her head tilting to the other side. On her bare neck, I saw a small spider.

Okay, this probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. I reached over as quietly as I could, and brushed my hand against her neck to get it off her.

Not a good idea.

Annabeth jumped in the spot and glaced over at me. "Where am I? What happened?"

"Oh, you're in the woods. I was just brushing off a spider that was-"

"What?!" Annabeth jumped up fast. She was shaking herself off, yelling curses.

"Annabeth, chill, I got it off."

"No! There could be more!" She turned around. "Are there any on my back?!"

"No!" I reasoned. Annabeth relaxed, though her eyes were still tense. "I didn't know you were this afraid of spiders."

Annabeth shivered. "I'm not afraid of a lot of things, Percy, but spiders get to me."

I smirked. "I guess I know your greatest fear now."

Annabeth shook her head, her body language dripping with sarcasm. "Wow, Percy."

We walked back to our street in mostly silence. "Annabeth, don't tell anyone about this discussion, okay?"

"I'm not stupid, Stupid."

I threw my hands up in mock defeat. "Okay then. I'll see you at... SHIT! We have school!"

Without other words, we ran separate ways to our houses.

Annabeth

Getting ready wasn't hard. Whenever I'm running late for school, I wear black.

(A\N) same. if im late ill just throw on some black to be fast and not waste time.

As I was making myself a lunch, I remembered Percy. If I knew him, he wouldn't have a packed lunch. I threw together an extra sandwich and got two soft drinks for us. As I ran out the door, my step mom stopped me.

"Where the hell were you last night?"

"Helen, I don't have the time."

"No, you listen up. When you come home, we'll decide the punishment!"

I rolled my eyes and hurried out the door. Percy was no where in sight, so I ran to school, which was a quarter mile away.

Percy

When I got to lunch, Annabeth wasn't there. She wasn't anywhere in the cafeteria.

Maybe she's running late.

I sat and waited for three minutes, before frantically getting up. My ADHD made it feel like hours. I followed my instincts and went to look for her.

The school was deserted 'cuz everyone was at lunch. I followed a quiet voice that sounded a lot like Annabeth to a small hallway where the janitor's closet was.

"Get the away from me, Mason," Annabeth stern voice called from inside the closet.

"Playing hard to get, are we? You should be enjoying this."

"You're disgusting," Annabeth said in, well, disgust.

"Many girls would kill to be in your position."

"Many girls aren't like me."

"Well that's the fun thing about you," Mason said.

I fumed in anger and pulled open the closet door. Mason was pressing his hand on Annabeth's back, his lips dangerously close to the the bare skin by her ear.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Get off her!" I confronted.

"Oh look, ickle Percy's here to save the day," Mason mocked.

I was as tall as him, but he was just a bit buffer. I swim a lot during the summer, and it's the only athletic thing I do.

"You know what, just back off, Asshole."

"Oh, your mommy wouldn't approve of your tone, Mister."

"He said back off." Annabeth smacked the back of Mason's head with a broom.

"Well ow!"

Annabeth and I ran out of the closet. Not because we were afraid of him, but because we wanted lunch.

"Thanks, Perce."

(A\N Thanks, Pete. DOES ANYONE GET MY REFERENCE)

I smiled at Annabeth. "No problem, Wise Girl."

Annabeth smirked. "Again with the nickname. You need one, too."

We sat on the benches right outside the school. Annabeth, being the best person ever, brought me a sandwich and a soda.

"So Percy. What do you like to do?"

"Well I love to swim."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow. "Percy Jackson plays a sport that requires taking off your shirt?"

I blushed. "Well, I don't do it in public. I come to the school pool when it's empty. I've always loved the the sea. It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Annabeth nodded. Her blonde hair was softly floating in the breeze. Her grey eyes were looking straight at me. They were so intimidating, but I loved them. Then, Annabeth broke into a grin.

"I. Have come up with a name."

"Well what is this magical name?"

"You are now my Seaweed Brain."

I laughed. I was Seaweed Brain. I was her Seaweed Brain.

Maybe it was time to show her my secret hideout.

A/N

GUYS IM BANNED FROM MY PHONE SO UPDATES MIGHT BE A TAD SLOW OKAY LOVE YOU GTG BYE LUCKILY THE BOOK WRITING IS DONE WOOP