Chapter 1

Percy

Moving boxes littered the driveway of the house across from mine. Two young boys chased each other around the green grass, yelling child-like insults.

"Shut up, Buttface!"

"No you shut up, dummy!"

I could hear them from my window on the second floor of my house. My mind was swirling with song lyrics.

I usually sat here by the ledge for about two hours a day, watching people enter and exit the open house across the street. One day a month or so ago, a couple had come to buy it. With them had come twin boys and a teenage girl. I wasn't close enough to her to guess an age. All I knew was she had blonde hair with slight gray tints in it. Maybe they were dyed pieces. I had never come close enough to see her face or figure to guess her age.

Suddenly, I let out a yelp. You know when you're listening to Pierce the Veil or some other metal band and it seems quiet, then bam, they start yelling into your ears? That's what happened. I sighed and pulled the earbuds out of my ears.

"Percy!"

Mom called me from the bottom of the stairs. Her quiet voice sounded worn out. She must've been calling for me while I was listening to music. I hated when that happened.

"Sorry, Mom!" I ran downstairs to meet my mother, who was walking towards the kitchen.

"Percy, I need you to put on a sweatshirt. We're going to go say hello to the new neighbors and maybe help them unpack."

"Uh, Mom, I would love to but I'm busy-"

"Percy." Mom gave me one of those stern parenty looks. I had no choice, basically. I sighed and slumped to the coat closet.

(A\N)

Yay the first chappie!

LOVE ME PEASANTS. I SAID LOVE ME.

The first few chappies might be a tad small, but they get longer.