Introductions

"A son of Poseidon?" I repeated, astounded.

"Are you always this dumb, or is it just in the presence of me?" the boy jeered.

Before I could answer, heavy footfalls thundered into the clearing. Annabeth and Grover ran past the trees, followed by a small group of campers.

"Percy!" Annabeth called, but as soon as she realized the company I was keeping, her feet stopped in their tracks.

"I see you've met Troy," she said.

I frowned, "Wait, you know him? How?"

Troy laughed, a condescending snicker that churned my stomach. "I arrived yesterday. I don't know where you were, but everyone else was meeting the greatest hero this camp's ever had. Me."

"'The greatest hero'? What have you done that makes you the greatest hero?" I retorted.

"Oh, I haven't actually done anything yet, but just you watch. As the son of Poseidon, it's only a matter of time before I save everyone in this camp. After that, they'll all be eternally grateful to me." Troy answered.

Fury boiled inside me. I didn't know who this kid thought he was, but his conceited attitude made me ashamed to be related to him. I stepped closer, closing the distance between us. I towered over him, and for just a moment, his cocky facade disappeared, and was replaced by the tiniest hint of fear. Yes, that's right, I thought, be afraid, you weakling.

No, you're not like that, Percy, I reminded myself.

Take the higher ground.

I opened my mouth to speak, when an angry voice cut through the crowd.

"Do you know who that is, you idiot?" Nico called, stalking across the clearing to join me. His dark eyes burned at Troy, but the boy seemed uncaring.

"Probably some lesser child of some minor god, am I right?" Troy laughed.

"No. That's Percy Jackson. Your brother."

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I promise it will get interesting soon! Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it~~)