"ARE YOU GOING TO STARVE TO DEATH"

[THREE DAYS AND TWO NIGHTS LATER]
[BURY A FRIEND PLAYS]

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 The audio plays below.

Mara looked outside the window, it was bright and droplets of rain. She hadn't stepped out of the room for three nights. Even when Papeey had begged her to eat, she refused. Dima had knocked a day ago, to take her for her ring fitting but she turned it down. Kervyn had traveled to Tokyo for a business meeting the night before, he had wished to see her but Papeey had said, Mara was in her time of the month. So he left without a goodbye. He was to land tonight but he got a troubling report that mara hasn't stepped out of her room nor eaten for days. Depending on his mood, he postponed the mood to another time and booked a flight back to New york immediately. 
         Mara stared at the two-image mirror before her, seated by the window. She observed her lean waist, the lack of light in her eyes, her sagging cheeks, and her dried skin beneath the sunlight. She was the shadow of herself, her pains, unswerving, and reluctance to start a new life with the devil by her side were feeding on her rigorously.  Every time she prayed for forgiveness, she couldn't utter a single word of justification. She had the shades of a beast and a peaceful nun and last night showed what it is like to be bipolar.
She looked at the bags of items of clothing, shoes, bags, and other kinds of stuff she had bought, they were still wrapped in paper bags. She hadn't gone through them and she wasn't willing to do so.  At the door side, three trays of various types of meals sat there idle, barely touched, Mara wasn't interested in eating. She just laid on the floor but the bedside playing with her curls, her eyes filled with tears and her throat dried at the cause of all her screaming and wailing last night. 
 There was a knock on the door, several times but she didn't respond.

"Mara? Open the door!" Kervyn imposed, she groaned quietly. She wasn't going to listen to anyone. 

"Mara? Xiomara, please open the door, let's just talk ok? " He pleaded but she didn't budge. She stared at his shadows beneath the door space. She pinched herself, thinking of how she had made him leave his meeting for an unimportant situation. 

"Xiomara if you do not open this door, I will not hesitate to push this door down."He threatened with a grunt. She stared at the door for a second.
~ " Leave me alone! I do not want to see you or anyone ." She whispered. He remained silent but for a minute, she thought he would break the door. She stood up to open the door, kervyn was on the verge of pushing the door down, his eyes scanned her frail body, he could see what her pale face had gone through. She hugged him immediately as a tear dropped down her eyes. She was tired of the pains and endless nightmares. He held her tight in between his arms and chest, welcoming the warmth of her skin. He sniffed off the scent on her hair, honey petals. She smelled like the summer trees and morning coffee in the sun. He felt her tears trickle down his clothes and the rate of her heartbeat bang tremendously. He held her face in his hands and stared into her teary eyes, as they walked back to her room. 

"Are you going to starve to death?" He asked 

"Talk to me, Mara, why have you distanced yourself from everyone... from me? "She looked away in misery. He pulled her face back to meet his. "Tell me anything, I am here, I wouldn't hurt you." 
~ " Kervyn, i... am sorry for making you leave your meetings just for my foolish act.." She cried, he stared at her not bothered about his meeting proposals but her health.

"Why would you say that I care for you, that is why I am here, so please tell me what the problem is, I am sure I will find a solution to ..."
~" No,kervyn, there is no solution to my problems... I am the problem itself, I can not be...fixed" She cried, kervyn watched her quietly not knowing how to react. 

"We will work it out together... as one... like husband and wife." He placed the bangs of hair behind her ear. She inhaled deeply before explaining.