CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"Eh?"

"Eh?"

Aoi and Akane shattered before your eyes, crumbling to the ground. You looked at them, eyes widened, while standing in the middle of Yashiro and Kou.
"Senpai, Y/N, stay back!" Kou jumped in front of you and Yashiro, shielding the two of you. Yashiro gasped and let out an ear piercing scream before falling to the ground. Kou cradled her in his arms whilst you just looked at the destroyed teens.

"What?! What happened?!" The rest of your friends came running towards the three of you. You looked at the crumbled bodies with lifeless eyes.
No. No, no, no, no, no! Damn it! Another supernatural! No wonder Hanako and Mitsuba's alive, it must've been the wonder Shijima-san. Now that you think about it… she probably is in that weird building you saw earlier.

After your friends explained that this was a normal thing to happen, Kou ended up arguing with Mitsuba.
"–This world isn't even real!" The pink haired boy yelled at Kou.

As your two friends began to chase after Mitsuba, you just stood there, staring into space.
'i knew it…' you looked up to face Hanako, who was already staring at you, 'damn ghost…' you looked down at your hands, bringing them into tight fists, almost breaking skin with your nails.

"And I thought this was going to be a good day…"

*

"Do you really… hate this world?" Mitsuba asked the three of you while he was bound to a chair.

"Of course! Aoi-senpai and Akane-senpai broke!" Kou exclaimed. You were just standing behind him, trying to calm him down by holding his hand. Redness raised to Kou's cheeks as your hand took a hold on his, but he ignored the bubbling feeling in his chest; he had other things to take care of!
Mitsuba looked at your intertwined hands and scoffed, "...hmph, oh just that." He stopped facing the two of you.

"Why you little…" Kou fumed as Yashiro tried to calm him down.
"Listen here," you started and let go of Kou's hand, "can you please just tell us?"
Mitsuba eyed you up and down, what happened to your usually happy and scary self? How did you become so fragile and timid?
"Please Mitsuba…" you begged once again, looking at him with pure eyes.

"Fine," he looked up at you with heart warming eyes, "if you hate this world so much… then try going to that place…" he gestured to the outside world. And there, a bunch of buildings were stacked onto eachother. That weird building!

"Why do I feel like my predicaments are always right?"

*

"If you want to change the world to how it was before, " Shijima-san started, "there is a simple method."
You looked at her with sceptical eyes, simple my ass! Let me guess, we have to kill someone?