CHAPTER TWENTY

Nene Yashiro, a first year at Komome High, never thought that she would ever be in this situation

Nene Yashiro, a first year at Komome High, never thought that she would ever be in this situation. Sitting on the ground at the festival, people walked past her as she looked around for her friends (-ill give you a hint! She didn't find them).

"What are you doing?" A voice of a younger boy said, reaching his hand out to the distressed girl . Yashiro looked up and was met with a familiar face. It was a younger boy, he wore a yukata and held a caramel apple in his other hand, his dark brown hair swayed back and forth in the wind, his amber colored eyes looked at the girl with curiosity.
"Are you okay?" The small boy asked her, still holding his hand out to her.

'This boy...' Yashiro examined his face, 'I feel like I've seen him before...?' he seemed to be in elementary school -that was her thought before replying with a:
"Yeah, I'm fine..." she took his hand and immediately thought, '...no, I'm not fine at all!' with a dead panned expression laced on her face.

Yashiro was hosted up by the boy and now that she was standing, she could see her surroundings much better, "Where am i!? Where is everybody!?"

A little recap: Yashiro was at the boundary's Star Festival with her friends, enjoying the festival. And then...
'That bull! I got hit by a bull...' Yashiro put her hands on her head, internally freaking out, 'why would getting hit by a bull cause this!!?'

While Yashiro figured out that she wasn't in a boundary anymore, because there was no water, the grade school kid continued to eat his caramel apple. She also figured that all the booths seemed different.

"Um... can I ask you something..." Yashiro looked at the boy, "...what's today's date?"

"Today?" He said and then pointed at a poster, "There."

"The star festival poster?" She read the poster, "1964... THAT'S THE SHOWA ERA!!!"

After the little boy showed his red tag while explaining that he could take her to a children's center, near the bamboo tree, he was going to go there anyway. Yashiro then thought that if she could get that tag, and write her wish to go back home, she would be back with her friends!

Yashiro then took the kid by his shoulders, "Wa-"

"That tag..." she was sweating, looking at him with a weird face, "how about giving it to me?"

Let's just say that she didn't get his tag.

*

"Here, for you oneesan." He handed Yashiro one of his drinks, holding food in his other hand.
"Don't worry about it," he looked at her with pity, "you seem kind of pitiful."

"Is it okay?" Yashiro looked at the drink in her hand, "I'm the older one after all..."

"It's fine, it's fine!"

And once he opened his mouth, Yashiro started to get hit by a bunch of invisible arrows tearing into her heart:
"I think oneesan confessed to someone a 100 times to someone you liked, and got rejected 100 times. And on top of that, got tricked into losing everything you had, so all you can do is get help from a higher power." He sat down on the bench beside the gir, opening the food.

"Oh.. yeah.. you're right..." nothing was true.

Then he said that her ankles were really swollen.

"They're not swollen though." She said and a picture fell out of her yukata. The boy looked down at the picture and he saw someone he recognised very well.

But, deciding to not jump to conclusions (as they looked older) he asked, "Who's that?"

"Oh!" Yashiro picked up the picture with a smile, "someone special to me."

"Is that the person that left you?"

"What?! No, of course not! Y/N would never leave me!" She held the picture to her chest as if she was protecting it.

"Then..." he put a finger to his chin, "could it be your significant other?"

"What-" Yashiro looked at him shocked, but, now that she thinks about it, she didn't know his name, "Hey, what's your name?"

"Me?" He said, "I'm Yugi, Amane Yugi!" He answered, but went quickly back to the subject,
"So are they your partner?"

Yashiro's face heated up to 50 different shades of red, she looked like a tomato. Stuttering, she said, "What? No..." she said, kinda disappointed.

Amane looked back at the picture in her hand and said, "They're scary, have you seen their face?" He then looked away, mumbling, "not that I have a problem with it..."

"Yeah..." she said while looking forward, putting back the picture in its original place, "They're a bit creepy at times, but... I like them."

"Like who?"

Yashiro shrieked at the person behind her, jumping at the sound of their voice.
"Y-Y/N?!"

"Yup! And who's this kiddo?" You patted his head,but he quickly swatted your hand away.

"Anyways, we have to go," you glanced down at Yashiro and took her hand, "the cow is waiting."

"I'm Nene Yashiro!" She said her name to the younger boy and stood up, blushing from the contact of your hands together.

"I'm nobody! Now let's go!" You said and began to drag Yashiro away from the younger boy. Then you stopped.
"Of course!" You let go of Yashiro's hand and sprinted back to Amane. Once you got to him, you took out all of your tags, you were missing a red one and you saw that Amane had one so you thought, 'Maybe I can give them to the kiddo! My wish was stupid anyways...'

"Here!" You pushed them forward to the kid before you, "they're yours now! Gotta go!"

*

Amane later wrote his wish one those tags:
___________________________
| I hope that Hoshi gets better |
---------------