The devil

"Haley?!" I yell while running downstairs.
"Shut up!" My brother, Halen answers. I hear laughters from the living room, so I'm assuming he isn't alone. I step in and see all eyes on me...again.

"Jeez. So much attention, boys. Thanks." I mutter.
"Skylar, these are Jason and Mike. They are twins and pretty chill. So go upstairs to your room and don't annoy me." Halen says, glaring at me.
"Okay. Chill, Haley." I laugh and stop in the kitchen to make me a sandwich. I was about to take my first bite, when someone leads my hand to their mouth and starts eating my food.

"HEY. YOU DON'T EVER TOUCH A GIRL'S FOOD." I yell at Mike. Or Jason? Fuck I don't know.
"Sorry kiddo. I'm hungry." The twin answers, smirking. He leaves and I lost my appetite. No I didn't. I'm graving for some Chipotle right now.

***

I decided to call London to ask her if she wants to go with me.
We are currently sitting in starbucks, drinking our way to expensive coffee.
"So you wanna crash at mine?" She randomly asks.
"Yeah. Why not." I answer, taking a sip of my drink.

***

It's friday and the whole week has been pretty chill. I had some chats with that cute guy from maths, whose name is Jared. I also spent a lot of time with London, Ashley, Kate and Maria, who are slowly becoming my closest friends. The teachers are .... welll they are teachers.

"Honey you ready?" My mom asks amd walks in. I roll my eyes.
"It's not like I didn't have to go if I said no. So yes mother I am."
"Don't use that tone of voice with me. I know you would rather go out with your friends but the Shepherds and our family are old friends and we haven't seen each other since you were like ten." She says.
"Worst ten years of my life." I mutter, thankfully she didn't hear me.

We are going to the Shepherd's. I hate their children. The girl is like ten years old and she's annoying as fuck. I mean she was when she was little, so what should have changed? The boy was my brother's best friend. They used to do pranks on me and I hated him. Hopefully he grew up.

We are staying in front of the Shepherd's mansion. Did I not tell you that they are rich? Well. They are rich. One of the other reasons why I hate their spoiled little brats.
I didn't even notice that the door opened until Mrs. Shepherd yelled.

"Oh my god, Monica. Is that really you?" I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. They always act like that.
"And Halen." She said, giving my brother a kiss on the cheek.
"And little Skylar." She hugs me and I awkwardly hug her back.
"Come in. Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes. You kids should go to the game room were Nika and Brodie are waiting." She says and leaves my brother and me standing there, because we have no idea where the fucking game room is.

"How the fuck are we supposed to know where the game room is." I say.
"Oh that's not a way a lady should talk." A deep voice says from behind me. I shiver and turn around.
"Brodie." I say glaring.
"Yes?" He asks.
"You're way too close." I say. I'm right. He's standing infront of me and I can feel his hot breath on my face.
The devil steps a foot back, smirking.

"Yoww dude. I haven't seen you in a while." My brother says, pulling him in his arms.
"Chill. Halen right?" My mouth dropped. Didn't he remember his best friend? I stole a glance at my brother and I'm safe to say he shares the same thoughts as me right now.

"Yow. I'm joking. How could I forget you. And you." He adds, still fucking smirking. I must say he's hot. His hair is black and short, just the perfect lenght for a guy. His green eyes are probably the most attractive part of his face. Although his lips make a great concurrence. And can we talk about his jawbones. DAMN. His body looks well trained. I can see his muscles through his shirt. Yeez what happened in these six years?

"Let's go downstairs to the fucking game room." He says mocking me.
If his personality would just match his body. That would be perfect.
"Shut up Finn." I say trying to get on his nerves. He stops in his tracks and I can see his jaw clench, which means he's pissed. Oh.
"Don't ever call me that." He hisses.
"Why? It's your name fucker." I say, looking him deep in the eyes.
"Just dont Skylar. For your own good." He says and continues leading us to the game room. His real name is Finn Brodie Shepherd. Smooth huh?

"SKYLAR!" Nika screams, hugging my legs. Damn she's small for her age.
"Hey shorty, what's up." I say, ruffling her hair.
"I'm not that short." She cries and runs away. See? What the fuck is wrong with these people?!
"Nice job, dipshit." The devil says and plops down on the couch.
"It's not my job to be nice. Actually, I was nice right there, considering how weird you guys are." I say while sitting down on a beanbag across from him.

"Shut up. You don't know shit." He murmurs.
"Dude do you have some videogames?" My brother jumps in.
"Yeah. Let's play fifa." He answers and I roll my eyes. Nothing better than a friday afternoon spending with two devils and my brother in one room. I could fucking end season two at ahs on Netflix. Fuck my life.

***

"And how is school for you Skylar. I heard you already found friends." I furrow my eyebrows. How does Mrs. Shepherd know about that?
"Ah. Well, yeah I'm doing just fine." I answer.

"Well I know your brother is in the same school as you, but I'm sure Brodie would help you if you need anything, isn't that right Brodie."
My eyes widened. I didn't know he goes to the same school as me.
"Yeah. Sure." He said, munching on his food. Fuck him for even looking good while eating. All eyes were suddenly on me and my mom gave me that "you better be appreciative" - look.

"Thank you." I say, making him smirk in response.
Bipolar much?