𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. HELD CAPTIVE

╰─▗ ▘➤𖥸 PRETTY LOVEDESCENDANTS TWOCHAPTER EIGHTEEN

╰─▗ ▘➤𖥸 PRETTY LOVE
DESCENDANTS TWO
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

YELENA'S HEAD WAS POUNDING AGAINST her skull when she woke up

YELENA'S HEAD WAS POUNDING AGAINST her skull when she woke up. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, her vision taking sight of wood, the air smelled salty and then when she slightly turned her head, she could see the dark sea only feet away from her.

She struggled to pull her hands away from the rope that was tied around them. Her heartbeat started to speed up, panicking. "Mary." Yelena nudged the unconscious girl with her foot, "Mary, wake up."

Mary's face was covered by her golden blonde hair, she groaned as her head fell back onto the wood she was propped up on, "am I dead?" The girl questions.

"You're about to be if you don't wake up." Yelena hissed.

Mary frowned shaking her hair away from her eyes, "oh my god what happened to us?" She begins to panic once she sees the position they were in,

Yelena searched around, "well we got hit over the head, now we're tied up, inches away from our deaths...so tell me, Mary...what do you think happened?"

Yelena's mother always used to say, "People's voices may lie to you, but their eyes will always tell the truth."

And you could see even though Mary was trying to act calm and collected, her eyes were filled with fear and confusion, "maybe this is their way of welcoming others."

Yelena stared.

"...okay, I'm sorry, you know how anxious I get when I'm scared." Mary sighs, "I don't even know how to swim...oh my god, we're gonna die—I'm about to faint."

"Oh, don't faint just yet." Another female's voice filled the salty air, walking over was a beautiful dark-skinned girl, her turquoise braids fell on her back. "We haven't gotten to chat just yet." A frown plastered on her lips.

"Who are you?" Mary tilted her head in confusion.

"Ouch, they didn't talk about me?" The girl placed her head over her heart.

"Your Uma," Yelena spoke.

Uma's eyes brighten with happiness, "so they did talk about me."

"Uma as in—" Mary's eyes shifted between Uma and Yelena, "the one who threw little Timmy to the fishes?"

Uma crossed her arms, pouting, "Little Timmy was a little brat...I wanted to throw Mal down there with him, but you know how cowardly she is. Always running from something...right?" Uma gazed at Yelena with a smirk.

Yelena glared only causing Uma to laugh. "Yelena, I honestly found you very interesting...I mean how could I not? The girl who almost turned against her own people."

"I didn't turn on them."

"Like I said," Uma spoke with a fake smile, "almost."

"So tell me, did Mal spell you, or did you decide that on your own...we get a really bad tv connection over here, but we see the news." Uma sat down in front of her.

Yelena's eyebrows knitted together, "why should I tell you anything?"

"Because if you don't I'll let the future queen here drown to death." Uma points to Mary with her sharp sword. "Then I may even kill you just for fun."

She turned her weapon to Yelena, the sharp end created a small cut under Yelena's eyes, causing the crimson liquid to drip down her cheek as if she was crying blood.

Yelena didn't know her well, but she was smart enough to know that she wouldn't kill her because she was her leverage, she had to be, but she wasn't so sure about Mary, Yelena didn't want to test her.

"I did it...on my own." Yelena moved her head back, away from the sharp steel.

Uma smiled in amusement, "wow." She dragged, "what made you do it?"

"I just— people put me through a lot and I wanted revenge," Yelena mumbled hesitantly.

"Revenge?" Uma scoffed, "how do you feel about this, Mary?" Uma turned her head, "the people say you two are best friends."

Mary didn't even respond, only letting her eyes travel to her feet.

"Do you feel betrayed? Hurt?" Uma smirks, "I've felt that too, when Mal, Jay, Carlos, and Evie all got invited to go to Auradon, that's the angriest I've ever felt in my entire life."

Mary's jaw flexed, "Don't try and compare your relationship with Mal and the others to the one I have with Yelena...it's not the same."

Uma sighs, "maybe you're right, but there are kids here, who don't deserve to be here.." those words caused Mary to finally look up at her.

Uma looks over to her crew that was scattered across the ship, "Harry, don't take your eyes off of these two, I'll be back."

Harry smirks, "yes, Captain."

Yelena shifts in her uncomfortable position, "maybe we should talk now...just in case—"

"Don't say that," Mary speaks up, "we'll both make it out of here alive, and then we'll talk, okay?"

Yelena nods, trying to have the same mindset, "...yeah."

sirednotes

sirednotes...

What do you guys think about
Yelena and Mary's friendship?