E3 : Be On The Move

TIN'S POV @ Temple 

Mom attempted to help me recovering my memory through the spiritual method, if you will. She brought me to this temple up on the hill to make merit and pray for my recovery. While mom was busy talking to her friends she met at the temple, I walked to the side of the temple overlooking the lush rainforest canopy. I love the feeling of cool breeze brushing against my face. I lifted my head to the clear blue sky and wondered what's next?! I felt like a lost soul wandering around, trying to figure out who am I, not knowing what's my future and kind of feeling hopeless at the same time.

The sound of the temple bell broke my chain of negative thoughts. The monk who rang the temple bell approached me. He looked very familiar. I must have seen him before... somewhere.

"In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Letting go is the first step to move on," the monk said.

"Letting go?" I murmured.

"Letting go of the past and start anew," the monk added.

"I don't even know who I was," I blurted.

"Who you are now is more important than who you were in the past," the monk turned his head to look at me.

"I don't even know who I am," I dropped my shoulders and stared at my feet.

"Your mind may not know. But, your soul knows. Your heart connects you to your soul. All you need to do is just follow where your heart leads you to," the monk pointed at my heart.

"Like how? My heart is not talking to me. My soul is always MIA (Missing In Action)!" I raised my voice a little.

"Move... Be on the move. What makes you move? What moves you?" the monk gazed into my eyes.

I, too, was gazing deeply into the monk's eyes searching for clues.

As though he could read my mind, the monk shifted his gaze to the panoramic view in front of us and said,

"Life triage helps you to be on the move. 

Cos what makes you move, moves you; 

what moves you, makes you move. 

So, have faith and move on."

I followed his gaze back to the wilderness and a gust of cool wind nipped my face. I closed my eyes and breathe in the nature's peace. Nature brings solace in all troubles indeed.

When I opened my eyes again, I wanted to ask the monk, what's the meaning of 'Life Triage'?

Unfortunately, the monk had left and nowhere to be seen.

Ps: You may want to try playing the video while reading this chapter.