Sixty Four

Counting down the days until the new year would not be this exciting for me. Even though we have a job and a lot of shows to attend in December, we were able to find time for a vacation. We went to Iceland for Christmas with my family and Hester's family. We visited many places during our trip, including the Blue Lagoon, the Vik to see the three pillars of view, and a lot more and of course the stunning and well-known Aurora Borealis. I'm still there, despite the fact that it's December 30 and the new year is tomorrow. We're celebrating the new year in the Philippines, finally at home.

"I'm telling you, you can say no. It's new year, it's your choice."

I sighed because of that. The show offered me the opportunity to perform on New Year's Eve. It's the new year, and I should be with my mother and Harold. And, in fact, we'll be celebrating with Hester and his mother. They insist at his mother's house.

"Can I perform before 11 pm?" I asked. I still want to perform because of my fans. What if pumunta sila sa show and I'm not there? I won't let that happen.

"Yes, you can. We just have to ask the director." Loli answered me.

"My boyfriend's gonna be there, right?" I asked her. I'm sure he will. He's the star of that show. Every new year.

"Obviously." she replied, "He's always the last one to perform, exactly at 12 am."

I frowned. Gosh, 12 am? We should be counting in his mother's house when the clock strikes at twelve.

"You don't like the idea?" Loli giggled, "Oh, well. He's the superstar. Deal with it." she shrugged her shoulder.

I just rolled my eyes. "I know he will ask for a favor." I pointed out.

"Baby, kahit na mag-request siya, hindi papayag ang director. Come on, alam naman natin na 70 percent ng audience ay Zionatics."

I frowned real hard. "Argh." I groaned. Bakit ba kasi sobrang sikat niya? It's irritating sometimes, to be honest.

Loli chuckled because of my reaction, "You're so cling—" she stopped talking nang biglang tumunog ang cellphone niya.

I smirked when I saw her cellphone on the table.

"Lorenzo, huh?" I grinned, "What's up with you two? Come on, tell me." I wiggled my eyebrows.

"W-Wala." she stuttered. Oh, wow. She's totally blushing right now.

"I'm not buying that." I answered, "So, what? Is he courting you? Tell me, Loli."

Oh, God. I can't believe this is really happening. Am I 'Cupid Francine' now? Damn.

"We're just friends." ibinaba niya ang cellphone.

"No way." I rolled my eyes, "Friends? Really, huh?" I smirked even more.

"You guys are texting at thi—"

"Francine, you have a photoshoot pa 'di ba?" bigla niya akong hinila patayo. "You can't be late." she said habang itinutulak ako palabas ng office niya.

I glared at her, "I hate you." I said, "You're seriously keeping a secret from me?"

She giggled, "Shut up." she said bago isara ang pintuan.

Look at her, really. Is she my manager or what? Bakit hindi ko alam na nag-uusap pala sila ni Lorenzo? I'm their cupid, come on.

"To the studio, Kuya Omar." I said pag-pasok ko ng van. Actually, Bea insisted na bumalik na sa trabaho, but I suggested na huwag na muna since it's new year. I want her to celebrate the new year with her family.