Chapter TWO Vecna's Curse

wordcount: 3103

The next day you wake up and went downstairs into the living room where you see your parents siting on a sofas watching TV. "Good morning." You said leaning on the doorframe. "Morning Sweetheart." Your mother said not looking away from the TV. "Is everything okay?" you asked. "A high school student got murdered last night." Your father said also not looking away from the TV. "Did they say who it was already?" You asked siting down next to your mother. "Not jet." Your mother said. "Oh okay. Steve is at work isn't he?" "Yes he left an hour ago." Your father answered. You nodded and went to the kitchen to eat some cereal. When your done you went back upstairs where you hear your walkie talkie. "Y/N do you cope, this is a code red." It was Dustin's voice. "Yes I cope what's wrong?" you asked. "It's about the murder, come to the video store where Steve works ASAP." Dustin said. "Okay on my way, over and out." You said and started to get ready. "Mum, Dad I'm going to Steve okay see you later." You shouted from the door. "Okay stay safe please." You heard your mother shout back. "Will do, Bye." You shouted one last time and left the house to your car.

You got in and drove over to the video store, you saw Dustin and Max walking into the store so you parked quickly and went after them. "How many phones do you have?" Dustin said as you got in. "Someone was murdered." Your brother said back at him. "How many Phones do you have?!" Dustin said louder. "Two, why?" Steve answered. "Technically three, if you count Keith's." Robin corrected. "Three works." Max said. Dustin throw his bag over the counter and climbed over as well. "You could have gone around you know." You said walking around the counter. "What are you doing, man?" Your brother asked Dustin. "Setting up base of operations here." He answers. "Base of operations? "Robin asked. "Get off that." Steve ordered Dustin. "no I need it." Dustin said back. "Needed it for what?" You asked. "Looking up Eddie's friends ' phone numbers." Dustin answered you question. "Oh Eddie your new best friend you think is cooler then me because he plays your nerd game?" "Yes Eddie, I never said that." Dustin said. "Seriously, you guys, maybe on a Monday you can play around in here, but it' s Saturday. It' s our busiest day." Robin said while clearing up some of the taps that Dustin knocked off. "Alright look Robin, I empathize, but this cannot wait till Monday. "Dustin said. "What is calling Eddie's friends is an emergency?" Robin asked. "Correct!" Dustin answered. "I have no idea what' s going on." you said to yourself. "Can you just fill them in while I do this?" Dustin asked Max. "Fill us in on what?" Robin asked. "I have no idea, Dustin just said that I have to come here ASAP." You said now standing next to Robin. "Okay so this is about the murder from last night." Max said. The three of us nodded. "Eddie came home with Chrissy and they-" You cut max of. "Chrissy, Chrissy Cunningham as in the Queen of Hawkins high with Eddie 'the freak' Munson?" you asked. "Yes Chrissy went to Eddie ' s place yesterday night. I didn't 't really think anything of it. But after a while the lights in my house started to flicker, I just blamed it on the electricity. But the I heard Eddie screaming from his trailer, I looked out the window and saw him jump into his car and drove away. And this morning I head the police sirens coming our way, I went outside to have a look." She paused for a second and looked at me and tuck my hand. You were confused by this. "I got a look into Eddie ' s trailer and saw Chrissy laying on the wrong direction." Max said. You didn't 't want to believe what you just heard. "So your saying th- that that Chr-issy is- d-dead?" You asked really scared. "I' m sorry Y/N." she said back. "Hey Steve can- can I go into the back for a bit?" you asked your brother with tears in your eyes. "Yes of course, do you want me to come with you?" He asked. "No you didn't have to, but thanks." you said and walked into the back and sat down and let the tears fall.

Max POV

"Do you think she ' s going to be okay?" I asked Steve. "She just need time." He answered. "Sorry to into rupture but we have to find Eddie and ask him what happened." Dustin said turning around on the chair. "And how are we going to find him?" I asked him. "I found a few people that are friends with him, so we're going to call them and ask them if they heard from Eddie recently." Dustin said getting up from the chair and went over to a phone and started to dialling a number. "Okay then let's call same random people." Robin said getting a norther two phones, one for her and one for me. Steve just kept helping the costumers. The first few people that I called didn't know anything in till I got a name that was Reefer Rick. They didn 't tell me a last name but that he was Eddie ' s seplyer and that Eddie sometimes crashes there. "Hey, guys, I might have a lead." I said to the others when Y/N came back out from the back.