[ 45 ] a double-cross alliance

045. A DOUBLE-CROSS
ALLIANCE

                  LAST NIGHT had been a disaster, but it didn't end all bad

LAST NIGHT had been a disaster, but it didn't end all bad. For starters, the beast had attacked Scott in the school library, about fifty students having seen Scott get badly hurt. But, the good news was that the pack now knew who the teenager behind the beast was: Mason Hewitt of all people. 

Malia had also stopped by the house late that night, knocking on Aspen's door. When the Bellator girl went to open it, she saw Malia was accompanied by Braeden, a woman she hadn't seen in quite some time.

Aspen was more than disconcerted when they told her that the Desert Wolf was after her now too.

Aspen had asked why, why her of all people, and apparently Malia's mother had targeted Aspen after overhearing the two girls having their heart-to-heart on top of the news van. Apparently she must've assumed the two girls were BFF's, even though they weren't exactly at that level yet. Malia and Braden just warned her to watch their back, and that they had a plan to stop the desert wolf, but that she should just beware.

Aspen had slept in her own bed alone that night, and she was pleasantly surprised to wake up in the morning having had no nightmares. She got ready, throwing on a plaid skirt and an oversized t-shirt, throwing the same oversized denim jacket she wore yesterday on the top. She quickly threw her hair into a ponytail, pulling out a few strands to frame her face before chucking her Doc Martens on her feet and heading downstairs to the kitchen.

As she walked down the staircase of the McCall house, she began to hear some voices coming from downstairs.

"My dad has an APB out," she heard Stiles say.

"For a 5'8 sixteen year old?" Kira questioned questioned, as Aspen began to see the whole group downstairs gathered around the kitchen table.

"Well, I recommended nine-foot-tell rampaging werewolf," Stiles replied, making Scott chuckle as Aspen arrived into the kitchen with a smile on her face.

"It still might not be him," Liam tried to suggest, but he was just struggling to digest that it was his best friend beneath the monster. The rest of the group gave him a sympathetic, skeptical look, and he sighed. "But, Hayden's at the school looking..."

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the county." Scott suggested. "We can find him."

"What happens then?" Aspen spoke up asking as she joined them, standing between Liam and Kira.

"We figure out a way to save him." Scott answered.

"Okay," Lydia sighed, "Where else could we look?"

"Let's ask Corey," Scott shrugged, earning frowns of confusion from everyone else.

Scott then reached an arm over toward the cupboard and yanked of what appeared like air, which then turned into Corey himself who had apparently bee invisibly eavesdropping to the conversation. Corey looked frantic when he saw everyone's expressions staring at him.