[ 22 ] sanity wearing thin

022. SANITY WEARING THIN

                    THE rest of the day could only be described in one word: chaos

Both Lydia and Scott had triggered their repressed memories, Lydia's by passing out, and Scott's by a sudden athsma attack. They were both okay, as neither of them required nearly getting run over by a car in moving traffic.

Aspen's sanity was hanging on by the thinnest of threads, like she was walking on a tightrope drawn between destruction and chaos. She had been there when both Lydia and Scott had triggered their memories, and she hated nothing more than seeing her loved ones suffer around her.

She was getting close to snapping. Her sanity was on borrowed time, and the clock had been ticking ever since Theo came back into town. It was like the second she saw him again after what happened between them in New Orleans, a timer had been set, like he was patiently waiting for the time that it ran out, when her lucidity finally came crashing down.

That day was nearing— but it wasn't today.

So she hunted him down later that day, it wasn't difficult. She didn't even know where all of her friends were at this point, she no longer had a cellphone so she was sort of isolated from them all already whenever they were apart. She knew she had to get a new phone soon, she just wasn't sure how she was going to afford it, and she'd feel too guilty to ask Melissa for the money.

So here she found herself— at the door of the high school's gym.

🎶 GHOST DANCE - THE BRIGHT LIGHT SOCIAL HOUR

The Raeken boy was dressed in sweats and a tight fitting black zip up, as he was doing some pull ups on one of the machines. He then smirked as he sensed the presence of the Bellator girl, and hopped down off the pull bar and began to unzip his top, discarding it to the ground leaving him shirtless, showing off his impeccable physique.

There she was, stood at the door— Aspen Bellator. If looks could kill, Theo would've been a rotting carcass within seconds of her entering the room.

Theo looked at her in the mirror, unable to hide his smirk, while she held a stern jaw and a look in her eye that told him this was about to get interesting. Instead of saying anything right away, he just walked over to one of the weight machines and sat down, continuing t work on his flexing muscles as she remained still where she was. Then he looked at her in the mirror again, and couldn't help himself.

"You just gonna stare?" he cocked a brow, "Or are you here for a round two?"

She didn't say anything, only amusing him further.

"You look a little tired, Asp. You getting enough sleep these days?"

She still didn't dignify him with a reply, she knew it would only amuse him even more, or feed into his villainous and evil ego.